Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Peaceful campsite walking distance to beach roughly La Rochelle area?

OCCALI

OCCALI

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Can anyone please suggest family friendly site near La Rochelle that you can walk to the beach please?

Do you want to cross over to Il de Re? If so there is a really nice one right at the top of the island called Camping Les Balinese or just a little south east near Ars en Re camping La Combe a l'eau.

Do you want to cross over to Il de Re? If so there is a really nice one right at the top of the island called Camping Les Balinese or just a little south east near Ars en Re camping La Combe a l'eau.
Thanks for the suggestion. Will take a look. ..

Can anyone please suggest family friendly site near La Rochelle that you can walk to the beach please?
Ile de Re is an absolute must! Can't remember the site we were at, but was walking distance of the beach. Thoroughly recommended!

+1 for Ile De Re - we stopped there en-route to Pyrenees last month with the kids in tow, I was about to post a similar article (camping near La Rochelle query) and stumbled across Ile de Re here on the forums. Stunning spot - No specific campsite to recommend just a nice stop off point on the way south through France, holiday feel, young kid friendly sites and a great vibe about the place, I don't think you could go wrong on finding a site.

We head this route a lot and had never hear of the island - will be back for sure....

+1 for Ile De Re - we stopped there en-route to Pyrenees last month with the kids in tow, I was about to post a similar article (camping near La Rochelle query) and stumbled across Ile de Re here on the forums. Stunning spot - No specific campsite to recommend just a nice stop off point on the way south through France, holiday feel, young kid friendly sites and a great vibe about the place, I don't think you could go wrong on finding a site.

We head this route a lot and had never hear of the island - will be back for sure....

Thank you for sharing your experiences. Much appreciated. ..