Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Perfect mini heater

Aidy P

Aidy P

Don't play that 'What If?' game, you'll never win!
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I’m currently at Loch Lomond with my daughter and snow is forecast tonight… no worries we have our perfect little heater!! Great way to save diesel when on electric hook up. Has a fall over switch off safety device too. Best £30 I’ve spent on Amazon in ages ❄️ https://amzn.to/3xbI0MB

IMG_7735.jpeg

Some can be quite noisy though, but effective heat produces :)

Playing devil's advocate but did you have to pay more for an electric hook up pitch?
If so, that may have cost more than the small amount of diesel that the Cali heater uses.

Playing devil's advocate but did you have to pay more for an electric hook up pitch?
If so, that may have cost more than the small amount of diesel that the Cali heater uses.
No. Hook up at the site I’m on was the only option. Grass pitches are too wet still.

I have a kampa diddy too, it’s very effective, just a shame it doesn’t have a built in thermostat

Same here, Diddy heater, and we’ve got a plug through thermostat that’s very simple (just a dial and an on/off button). The heater isnt too noisy either. We normally pop it on the sink cover in the van. We’ve also used it in an awning to ward off the chill. I wasn’t sure it would work in a larger space but it does.

Same here, Diddy heater, and we’ve got a plug through thermostat that’s very simple (just a dial and an on/off button). The heater isnt too noisy either. We normally pop it on the sink cover in the van. We’ve also used it in an awning to ward off the chill. I wasn’t sure it would work in a larger space but it does.
That’s a really good idea. I’ve just had a search and found this one which has a 1.7m sensor. That would easily reach the roof bed. Next purchase

Caliheat make a purpose built snorkel that diverts some of the heat from the factory heater up to the roof. Works well.

Caliheat make a purpose built snorkel that diverts some of the heat from the factory heater up to the roof. Works well.
Thanks. Just googled that. I see the point when no electricity is available. I don’t think that would be my thing though . It’s also quite expensive. My heater fits in the drawer when not needed and can be easily positioned for upstairs/ downstairs.

I would be wary of any cheap heater unless it had a safety certification.

I’m currently at Loch Lomond with my daughter and snow is forecast tonight… no worries we have our perfect little heater!! Great way to save diesel when on electric hook up. Has a fall over switch off safety device too. Best £30 I’ve spent on Amazon in ages ❄️ https://amzn.to/3xbI0MB

View attachment 120940

View attachment 120940
We have a tiny Dimplex 250w desk heater which works really well too.
1711648198410.png

I was just considering purchasing an electric heater because the diesel heating stops over time.
This works with a remote control. This way you can leave the heating downstairs and turn it on when you sleep upstairs.
Handy Heater

View attachment 120940
Electric blanket is the way to go

I was just considering purchasing an electric heater because the diesel heating stops over time.
This works with a remote control. This way you can leave the heating downstairs and turn it on when you sleep upstairs.
Handy Heater
Stops over time? You may not have it set for continuous use.

Back