Petition - Allow use of communal toilets From 12th April

rod_vw

rod_vw

Gone bigger.
VIP Member
Vehicle
Motorhome
Little chance of a change but it's always worth a try ---

Being selfish and more than happy to use my toilet tent I quite like the idea of the communal blocks being closed, might make the sites quieter.

Just as well local swimming pools can open so I can have a shower and if needed us the toilet, all that for less than £5. Might even swim a couple of lengths.
Sons swim training is back on from next week...but must arrive / leave in your kit, changing rooms closed.

We cycle on the tandem triplet to swimming lessons. Can you imagine the looks we would get cycling along Eltham High Street in speedos, goggles and swim hat?

We cycle on the tandem triplet to swimming lessons. Can you imagine the looks we would get cycling along Eltham High Street in speedos, goggles and swim hat?

Drifting off topic, but I did a triathlon once and ended up doing the cycling leg with my swimming goggles still around my neck...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little chance of a change but it's always worth a try ---

Doesnt seem bizarre to me. No harm waiting a bit longer.

Have had to cancel a weekend away in April at a site but thats (covid) life at present. Wont be long now though. :oops:

Interesting. We've found a pool very close to our campsite which doesn't have any information on their website regarding a change to the norm other than some basic Covid guidelines. My wife's local pool is opening on the 12th April and that includes changing rooms. I guess we'll have to take a chance and maybe do an additional couple of lengths to ensure we get a good wash.
I wouldn’t worry, it will be fine; If pools are open the general public then the changing facilities will also be open, but they might have booking slots to reduce numbers in the pool.

The closed changing rooms for swim clubs was enforced during past 12 months or so to ensure training could continue. For limited periods the clubs were allowed to swim ( but not during full lockdown) whilst the usual pool was closed. Club training is usually 5 x 1hr periods per week, less swimmers In the pool to maintain spacing (chorline kills covid) and they only swim 1 way, so like a factory when you factor in the volume of swimmers that they needed to accommodate; hence needed to get in/out of the water as quickly as possible with no hanging about.

My original post was not intended to worry people.

Very je ne sais quoi o_O

oh yeah. everyone does that round here aswell.

Our swimming classes from school were at Byrne Avenue Baths in Birkenhead / Wallasey (if you ever listen Paul O’Grady - he mentions them a lot). We had to walk to/ from school. About a mile each way. All weather. Just a towel dry and back to lessons.

Totally off topic for the OP.

Back on track, I’m now happy I have my Eriba with shower and toilet. My 335 can go in the Beach for my friend to use as that’s where he will be sleeping.

Our swimming classes from school were at Byrne Avenue Baths in Birkenhead / Wallasey (if you ever listen Paul O’Grady - he mentions them a lot). We had to walk to/ from school. About a mile each way. All weather. Just a towel dry and back to lessons.

Totally off topic for the OP.

Back on track, I’m now happy I have my Eriba with shower and toilet. My 335 can go in the Beach for my friend to use as that’s where he will be sleeping.
We were bused to the local outdoor lido, lessons started in May, water temperature must have been in single figures, all this fad for cold water swimming has me bewildered, (doesn't take much) the teachers stood round the side in their overcoats, sadists.

Britstops?...few beers and obvs the loos will be open in those pubs which allow resumption of this service.

Thank you for drawing our attention to this. Have signed and passed it on to likeminded campervanners.
I’m also replying to push this thread towards the top of the discussion board again so more people can see it

Caravan and Campervan website has the following:

"Based on the latest Government guidance issued 8 April, we are pleased to be able to open toilets and shared washing and cleaning facilities excluding showers at Club campsites in England which have them, when we reopen on 12 April."

I wonder why showers aren't allowed. A problem with a Cali!

I wonder why showers aren't allowed. A problem with a Cali!
They are allowed, provided there are arrangements to avoid 'household mixing'. I expect the effect of that will be that a lot of campsites will just keep the showers shut.

Stocking up on wet wipes is probably a good idea.

Back