Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Petrol Engines

A

Andie1

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Advice please, I am trying to find out a bit more about the TSI, to replace my TDI diesel campervan as I live in London where pollution taxes are being introduced and total bans on diesel are expected to follow. I don't seem to be able to locate any petrol options for a VW campervan new or secondhand, other than dubious Italian rubbish which is not up to VW quality.

Advice please, I am trying to find out a bit more about the TSI, to replace my TDI diesel campervan as I live in London where pollution taxes are being introduced and total bans on diesel are expected to follow. I don't seem to be able to locate any petrol options for a VW campervan new or secondhand, other than dubious Italian rubbish which is not up to VW quality.
If you are after a T6 California, they were only available new for a short period before being discontinued, and very few made it to the U.K.. Occasionally they come up for sale but they are rare.

:thumb

I followed the same thought process. The petrol variants are pretty rare. Many say they’re also less efficient and actually more damaging from an emissions standpoint than the Euro 6 diesels. As long as it’s a newer Euro 6 diesel as found on all California’s since 2015 then it’s fine in central London and I don’t think they’re going to change that any time soon.

I followed the same thought process. The petrol variants are pretty rare. Many say they’re also less efficient and actually more damaging from an emissions standpoint than the Euro 6 diesels. As long as it’s a newer Euro 6 diesel as found on all California’s since 2015 then it’s fine in central London and I don’t think they’re going to change that any time soon.
Euro 4 petrol is still allowed in the ULEZ.

A lot of london Boroughs though charge more for parking for Diesels - Islington is an extra £2/hr

Don’t worry about the London ULEZ if your Euro 6.

i live in London and Euro 6 is good for the forreseeable future and the TSI Petrol In fact produces more emisdions as you have to rev it much more.

A neighbour of mine has had a Multivan petrol since 2008,
seems to be still going strong,
in those days it seemed to be a knee jerk reaction that you would
want a diesel for a big van and you would question why you would
want to choose a petrol one.
Wind the clock on 20yrs -from now- and the petrol ones could be the collectors choice.

Don’t worry about the London ULEZ if your Euro 6.
i live in London and Euro 6 is good for the forreseeable future and the TSI Petrol In fact produces more emisdions as you have to rev it much more.
They are proposing to ban diesels in many European cities, including Bristol.

Verdict
For most cars built over the past 20 years that may still be in use, petrol is likely to be less polluting overall than diesel. Petrol cars also require less maintenance to keep them performing at that level. But new, well maintained diesel cars, built to the latest standards have similar emissions to new petrol vehicles.

Back