Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

pfjones

No. twice the depreciation of the Genuine Cali.
Same as all small volume conversions. Not bad but not good enough.

Base vehicle a 102 manual 5 speed...
I do like the zip opening pop top, great for event viewing!

Like the fact the roof won't rot nor the hydraulics explode out of warranty. These conversions will always have my interest until some basic problems that could really impact long term ownership are resolved.

No, but as Matt said if it was a raffle prize I'd sell it.

It would go in advert as "unwanted gift" !

It looks interesting. However it's difficult to offer an opinion without seeing in the flesh.

Until then my only comments are:

It's nice to see the sliding door on the N/S.
Seems to be a good spec.
Even though IMO it's a bit pricey for a 102ps manual base vehicle.
I would be interested in how the roof structure compares to a Cali.
I would also be concerned about depreciation compared to a Cali.
I am delighted to see another British company entering the conversion market place.

Base vehicle a 102 manual 5 speed...
I do like the zip opening pop top, great for event viewing!
Rented a 102 PS last August - not enough grunt for me. You felt you were working the poor thing to oblivion!

It looks interesting. However it's difficult to offer an opinion without seeing in the flesh.

Until then my only comments are:

It's nice to see the sliding door on the N/S.
Seems to be a good spec.
Even though IMO it's a bit pricey for a 102ps manual base vehicle.
I would be interested in how the roof structure compares to a Cali.
I would also be concerned about depreciation compared to a Cali.
I am delighted to see another British company entering the conversion market place.
What about VW's body corrosion warranty? The converter has to cut the roof panel out...

What about VW's body corrosion warranty? The converter has to cut the roof panel out...
The van, the base vehicle, have a pressed steel roof, not aluminium.

Yes I realise that but the converter has to cut that out exposing raw edges of steel. VW warranty still in place? I think not!

Yeah, it's like the vw body / paint warranty is really worth having.......

Yeah, it's like the vw body / paint warranty is really worth having.......
Still better than a converter who has cut the roof off and.........well your guess is a good as mine!

Good point. I don't know what would happen with the VW warranty but as there's less than zero chance of me every buying one, I don't think that will be an issue.

If VW approved converter then warranty is still in force. I made a visit across to the Scottish Caravan and Camping show yesterday and there were plenty of nice VW conversions including the Westphalia Jokers. Most were very glitzy and smart but to be honest none would replace my Ocean. Too much shiny and carpeted areas and prices was above Cali pricing using lower spec base vehicles. The Jokers also tried to put too much into a small space and would be my last choice.

Yes I realise that but the converter has to cut that out exposing raw edges of steel. VW warranty still in place? I think not!
The Warranty is still in place if the Converter is a VW Approved Converter. They can purchase brand new base vehicles from VW for conversion and the full VW 3 year warranty is in force. The trouble is they are normally limited as to which base vehicles they can purchase.
When I enqired some years ago VW would not supply the 180 biturbo . I could purchase a 180 and get it converted but the Warranty would not be the same, but then I found that going down that pathway, with a 180 4Motion, the conversion made the vehicle overweight when fully loaded.

The Warranty is still in place if the Converter is a VW Approved Converter. They can purchase brand new base vehicles from VW for conversion and the full VW 3 year warranty is in force. The trouble is they are normally limited as to which base vehicles they can purchase.
When I enqired some years ago VW would not supply the 180 biturbo . I could purchase a 180 and get it converted but the Warranty would not be the same, but then I found that going down that pathway, with a 180 4Motion, the conversion made the vehicle overweight when fully loaded.
Wow! This Cali world is complex and full of unexpected discoveries......

Think I'd want the kitchen units edge banded and not reimo knock on trim. Nice conversion but not 50k.

Sent from a Cali

Think I'd want the kitchen units edge banded and not reimo knock on trim. Nice conversion but not 5
when they cut the roof hole out will it be as ridgid as a cali
When they cut the roof hole out will it be as ridgid as a cali body, or rattle and squeak.

When they cut the roof hole out will it be as ridgid as a cali body, or rattle and squeak.
They do insert strengtheners but some do complain of noise etc: but whether that is to do with the actual components or the fitting I do not know.

Back