Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

photo of factory-fitted rear camera Ocean 2015

A

Agrestis

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Can anyone attach a photo of a factory-fitted rear view camera on a Cali Ocean 2016?

As I was unable to amend my order back in the summer, I am having to consider a retro-fitted one. I've looked at previous threads which led me to look at Hazzydayz website - they fit the genuine VW rear camera & show a photo of the tailgate with a handle (above the numberplate) with the camera attached. My handle is below the numberplate and it does not look like it would be able to have the same camera fitting. Got my vehicle at the end of Oct. Am currently speaking to an installer (through my dealership) but not yet convinced about how he will fit the camera without affecting the paintwork corrosion warranty. He has not fitted one on this model.

Impressed with Hazzydayz although expensive. Any recommendations for having one fitted in Scotland?

2016-12-01%2016.07.34.jpg

Thanks very much Johnv. I've just had some feedback from Hazzydayz explaining that tailgates with the factory-fitted camera have a cut-out in the tailgate for the camera & said if they fitted one to mine, I would have to have a hole cut which would affect the paintwork corrosion warranty for that part of the vehicle. Your photo shows just where this hole would be so thanks for taking the time to send it.

I wouldn't worry about the corrosion guarantee on the tailgate if they cut a hole .. make sure they put some good rust proofer round it it'll be fine

Back