Best VW California Dedicated Forum by Miles :)

Pick up imminent!!!

Discussion in 'Buying a VW California' started by Steve39, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Steve39

Steve39 VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Beach 150
    Year:
    Waited for 5 years for this...was it worth it? Hell yes!

Me within 30 minutes of getting home...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  2. Steve39

Steve39 VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Beach 150
    Year:
    ...and a couple more.

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  3. Mark Garrett

Mark Garrett VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 150
    Year:
    Woohoo Congratulations Steve - she's a beauty !

4. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 150
    Year:
    Deposit was on CREDIT card and balance on collection (not before I had done my own PDI). My dealer had a max payment limit on a CREDIT card for the balance which I took full advantage of and the rest was paid for on a DEBIT card. The DEBIT card was pre-authorised by my Bank after I had called them two days previously to advise of large transaction. This service was free and the dealer also was not charged. All very painless with me feeling I was in charge of my money at every step of the way. My dealer was VW Van Center Birmingham. A very knowledgeable salesman to boot. (Clive Lediard)

5. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 150
    Year:
    Glad its all sorted now.

6. Camper Mouse

Camper Mouse

Vehicle:
    T6 Cali On Order
    That is gorgeous, you must be pleased.
    Getting excited for mine now (will also be white) as build starts in 2 weeks:)

7. WillH

WillH VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    Looking to buy
    Your Cali looks lovely-white suits it really well.

Just a quick note re card payments-

I work in retail motor sales and the way all card processors charge has changed over the past year or so.Credit card has always attracted a charge of around 2% however now debit cards are charged out at a percentage rather than a fixed fee per transaction.This means that before when we took a payment on debit card our charge was around £1-pretty insignificant.Now the charge is approx 0.5%.On something like a £50k Cali this is now around £250!!! We tried to change card provider but these changes are across the board-all card processing companies are doing it!!We tend to take deposits on card with balances paid by bank transfer now-if the customer wishes to pay by debit card then this is a cost they must bear.

8. Steve39

Steve39 VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Beach 150
    Year:
    Thanks all for the comments. I did pay by bank transfer in the end and the dealer as been brilliant throughout to be fair.

First impressions.

Drives brilliantly. I've got the 150DSG and feels a perfect combo for the van. On the M5 it honestly didn't feel much different to my Golf GTD. Noticed it was a van on slower roads though so will need to adapt my driving style.

I knew what to expect on the inside so no surprises there. App Connect works brilliantly (sorry Mark my iPhone 6s connected first time so maybe your phone?).

2 minor niggles. My awning is rattling. Will look up the previous threads on this. And I don't appear to have DAB!! Just doesn't appear as an option, only AM/FM. This is pretty serious for me as it would mean no 6 Music or TMS. Other family members will however be delighted. Anyone else have this issue with the Composition Media?

9. Steve39

Steve39 VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Beach 150
    Year:
    Oh and forgot to mention. I did get two door bins, a tiny touch (not the one behind the seat) and a bendy light that plugs into the cigarette lighter (presumably for map reading as I didn't spec satnav ). Wasn't expecting any of these.

10. RoB5urf

RoB5urf Beach with 2-seat bench VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Beach 150
    Year:
    DAB should be there somewhere. We have a very similar spec to your Cali.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

11. MelanieW1

MelanieW1 VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Cali On Order
    Year:
    So exciting! Picking up our Cali on 25th so also getting very excited. Same as yours 150DSG but in blue. It's ready now but hubby away and I'm being very very patient waiting for him to come back... Did mention I might go on my own on the train...but that didn't go down very welll!

12. Steve39

Steve39 VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Beach 150
    Year:
    I would say go for it...but don't want to get you in to trouble! It'll be worth the wait.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stuart

Stuart

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T6 Beach 150
    The bendy light is most useful plugged in "upstairs". Although if you spec'd comfort lighting it's not needed.

Nice van! Especially the LED headlights and comfort dash :)

14. GillianC

GillianC VIP Member

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 140
    Year:
    Great colour Steve ! Excellent choice.

15. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 150
    Year:
    I had a rattling awning which took a lot of tracking down to sort but is OK now. Used self sticky pads (usually used for feet of chairs on hard floor, strategically placed self adhesive Velcro, but only the loop half. Check the two pads in the inside centre of the awning housing. They have a mind of their own and are next to useless! The biggest issue for me was that the awning did not wind in equally along its length and so one end was always loose and every bump in the road was accompanied with a clattering of the housing cover. Anyway as I said sorted now - if you need some practical advice/help let me know and I can let you have more detail. Took me nearly five months of on and off messing about!