Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pioneer AVIC950DAB wiring

monster-mash

monster-mash

Vehicle
N/A
This being our first Cali (2008) we bought it a couple of years ago and we had a pioneer head unit fitted as a upgrade, not as good as they are standard now I am guessing however the pioneer unit is great with music, mapping and phone its just the fact that it will only work with the ignition where as the old unit would do the same but with the addition of switching on for a timed interval via the knob on the front.
My question is will it need a supply from the leisure battery running through a switch for the unit to work without the ignition being used? is this how the newer Calis are wired these days?
Thankyou

No. In the latest Californias the In Car Entertainment Unit is wired into the Starting battery NOT the leisure battery. However it does have the function, if Off, that by pressing the Volume On/Off switch it will stay on for 20 mins without the ignition key. This is to avoid flattening the starting/engine battery.
You could wire via the leisure battery, but a lot of people just use a 12v Music system when pitched up.

This being our first Cali (2008) we bought it a couple of years ago and we had a pioneer head unit fitted as a upgrade, not as good as they are standard now I am guessing however the pioneer unit is great with music, mapping and phone its just the fact that it will only work with the ignition where as the old unit would do the same but with the addition of switching on for a timed interval via the knob on the front.
My question is will it need a supply from the leisure battery running through a switch for the unit to work without the ignition being used? is this how the newer Calis are wired these days?
Thankyou
You need to do what I did with my 2009 cali and get it wired to the leisure battery. I've got a switch on the base of the passenger seat which switches it between leisure and starter battery. It's transformed things for us. Only cost £100 from our local auto electrician.

Back