Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Please adhere to the guidelines, this could be your family next...

AlisonF

AlisonF

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150

This is where my parents live. They were not classed as vulnerable despite their age and medication (although both very physically fit for their age). They have had to shop in the one and only supermarket in Craven Arms for the last 5 months, every week...
I’ve posted on fb about observing people not sticking to the rules... I’m being blanked by neighbours and ignored by friends...
I can only pray that my parents are not affected, whilst they have abided by all the guidelines.

This is where my parents live. They were not classed as vulnerable despite their age and medication (although both very physically fit for their age). They have had to shop in the one and only supermarket in Craven Arms for the last 5 months, every week...
I’ve posted on fb about observing people not sticking to the rules... I’m being blanked by neighbours and ignored by friends...
I can only pray that my parents are not affected, whilst they have abided by all the guidelines.
I’m sorry that you find yourself with this worry Alison.

I’ve posted on fb about observing people not sticking to the rules...

Hopefully not by naming and shaming.

No. No naming or shaming.

I’m not someone to name and shame. But am curious to know what others would do if they found their own family were exposed to CV due to others not following guidelines...
In my case, I observed neighbours and friends disregarding the guidelines (several times).
I didn’t report, or name and shame. But did post my concern on fb.
As far as I can see, this type of behaviour (ignoring guidelines) is what is likely to have lead to the out break in Craven Arms, nest where my parents live.
The neighbours who are ignoring me (as I said, no names on fb), have more than one vulnerable member, all are heavy smokers, and have been posting on fb of large family gatherings without social distancing, even before family gatherings WITH social distancing was allowed.
Sorry to rant.
I have accepter that I will likely never see my parents again due to others not respecting the guidelines. At times, when others are flamboyantly ignonring the guidelines, it hurts...

Hi Alison. I understand how you feel like you do and why. In every community there are people flouting the rules and the law. It’s difficult to watch or to be around. It sounds like your parents themselves are being very sensible and that’s the most important thing as it will serve them well.

Try to be positive and look forward to the time that you guys can meet up and look back on all this in disbelief.

Back