Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Please be quiet - how to stop the traffic announcements?

M

myvanrodney

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Anyone know how to silence the automatic traffic announcements from the satnav (when not following a route)? She is interrupting my enjoyment of listening to podcasts :D

Nav - settings. 3 horizontal bars. Top one (I think - I’m not in the van) “Nav announcements“ option. Then on / off. i need to be in the van to be totally accurate but it’s in the Nav settings somewhere

Anyone know how to silence the automatic traffic announcements from the satnav (when not following a route)? She is interrupting my enjoyment of listening to podcasts :D
Don’t you get a pop up on the screen when the traffic info is broadcasting with the option “cancel” or “deactivate”?

Don’t you get a pop up on the screen when the traffic info is broadcasting with the option “cancel” or “deactivate”?
No. In fact, the announcement I got today (twice in succession) was for a road that I was nowhere near. Weird.

No. In fact, the announcement I got today (twice in succession) was for a road that I was nowhere near. Weird.
The announcements always give me some Euro road designation that I can't relate to the route I'm on. Since the latest update it also warns me about entering a toll road just as I'm leaving one. I think turning announcements off is more useful.

Nav - settings. 3 horizontal bars. Top one (I think - I’m not in the van) “Nav announcements“ option. Then on / off. i need to be in the van to be totally accurate but it’s in the Nav settings somewhere
Found it ! Great. .. now lets see if she takes any notice.

Back