Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blue motion stop start

john eagle

john eagle

Eaglehead
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi Does anyone know how to switch off the stop start function to keep the engine running when I stop at a traffic light etc. It's a Cali T6 DSG 2017

There must be a button on the dashboard somewhere with an A and a circle around it, if I am not mistaken.
The thing is, the stop/start is always activated after ignition switching. So you will need to press that button every time you want to get it off. Then it stays off for the length of your trip, as long as you don't turn the igition off yourself.

Defo a button to press to turn it off.

should be above the parking button LHS of the dash

Hi Does anyone know how to switch off the stop start function to keep the engine running when I stop at a traffic light etc. It's a Cali T6 DSG 2017

Left hand side of the dash, a cluster of switches, its the one with the A crossed out on it.

3 options.
1. press the [A] button above the parking sensor after you start the engine
2. Add a small module behind the button to press it for you automatically after the ignition is switched on.
3. Change the battery monitor coding using VCDS

Hi John, could you change your status as it is showing "looking to buy". It helps folk answer your questions. OK? Thanks.

3 options.
2. Add a small module behind the button to press it for you automatically after the ignition is switched on.

4. Install a Ghost Immobiliser and use it as one of the code buttons.
It’s worth getting a ghost just for that feature :D

Handbook. Or just learn how to use it and avoid the Fines that many places plan on introducing.

3 options.
Option 3 worked on my mk7 Golf (voltage change ) but has anyone got it to work on T6 ?

Hi John, could you change your status as it is showing "looking to buy". It helps folk answer your questions. OK? Thanks.
To change your status now requires additional information which some of us are reluctant to provide.

Tom

How do I do that?
I got beaten to the post! Yu have an answer from Granny Jen in your other post.
This is a great resource - go for it!

To change your status now requires additional information which some of us are reluctant to provide.

Tom
Hi Tom,
Ooo I not aware of new information required. Can you enlighten? As far as I know its information that should help folks answer your queries. Not so? pls advise. Thanks Tom.

4. Install a Ghost Immobiliser and use it as one of the code buttons.
It’s worth getting a ghost just for that feature :D
not sure about option 4. Don’t you have to press the deactivate button after you start the engine?

not sure about option 4. Don’t you have to press the deactivate button after you start the engine?

No, after first turn of ignition.
Same time you insert your code.

Reactions: Loz
Wait for the flak for even wanting to turn it off ...............

As I turn mine off, every time I drive the vehicle (option 4), there are occasions where I reactivate the stop/start. Usually in heavy traffic where I’m constantly stopping and starting and just crawling along.
This is the way the system should work IMO.

If you ever have a flat battery and then jump start, you need to disable the stop start before driving off. We got to the junction at the bottom of our road and it stopped and hadn’t recharged enough to start. I was surprised the system wasn’t intelligent enough to work that one out and override it. Luckily we could walk 500m back to get the car and jump leads. It caused minor traffic chaos though!

Hi Tom,
Ooo I not aware of new information required. Can you enlighten? As far as I know its information that should help folks answer your queries. Not so? pls advise. Thanks Tom.
It is exact home address details, not just the town/area. I don't think this is shared with other enquirers, imho it is simply data mining by the "club".

Tom

Back