Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Please ditch the negativity

The 'Old News' icon could go in Room 101 while we are at it! It's not as if everything is logically laid out and easy to find and it's easy for threads to go off at a tangent. Difficult for a newcomer to find things, okay for the old timers who have been lurching around for years.

Much more polite to say there was a previous discussion on it and even better to send a link.

Andy

I wondered what the "Old news" icon was for, I agree with you Andy, better to point someone to the previous discussion.

I was also wondering where these might be used:- friendly; optimistic; creative.

?

I had, and I think I still have, an "old news" demerit planted on me.

It was, I believe, in a discussion on the T6.

How on earth can a model not even launched be "old news" ....??? :shocked

Reading this in bed on my iphone accidentally pressed the great post key, then the clock (didn't know what it was at the time). Smartphones have something to answer for:mad:

Reading this in bed on my iphone accidentally pressed the great post key, then the clock (didn't know what it was at the time). Smartphones have something to answer for:mad:

So do bottles of wine :oops:

Basically all of this rating stuff is twaddle. Reminds me of getting all those gold stars in primary school!
I inhabit other fora and the only thing I see similar is one where you can click a "thanks for this post" - stops lots of people posting "I agree."
As for spelling, etc, who cares, we all know what is meant.
Pedantry and the Cali. do not go together.
These features do not belong on this forum.

Totally aggree with the your post re spelling Amber, being a life long dyslexic I never notice others spellings and made enough of my own or these days more often an a inappropriately wrong word correct by spell checking.

GrannyJen could be Detention Monitor!:bananadance

Goodness no, with my "crap spelling" demerit marks I would be wearing a groove in the naughty step :(

If ti was pu ot em I wolud jsut ekep the lkie and agere ioncs. They solhud not uepst aynnoe nad it svaes poelpe pstonig simlpe rpelies taht we hvae to use vlaauble dtaa time on oru mobiles.

If ti was pu ot em I wolud jsut ekep the lkie and agere ioncs. They solhud not uepst aynnoe nad it svaes poelpe pstonig simlpe rpelies taht we hvae to use vlaauble dtaa time on oru mobiles.

Creep!

Perfect spelling like that and you will end up as the blackboard monitor :shocked

OK!

Kev and I have taken your feedback onboard and made some changes to the post ratings as we realise some of these may be taken the wrong way or can be pressed in error.

All negative icons have now been removed apart from disagree, hopefully if someone gets one of these it won't upset them too much? Also the 'agree' and 'disagree' can be used for mini-polls within threads.

We have also made the addition of a 'Thanks' icon which I think will be much more useful as it is always nice to thank someone for an informative post or a nice comment.

Hope you are all happy with these ... We do listen :)

Last edited:
Thankx , think the most of the frequent visitors will agree on this...:thumb

Just today got a bad writing , rate from someone :(]
. . . .

Didn't expect you to be touchy!

You are a mine of information and are generous with sharing it. I thoroughly enjoy your posts. :bananadance

Mind you, your language and spelling are hilarious :eek: and add to the enjoyment. Please keep it coming. I am in awe of you continentals who can communicate in several languages.

Again, I say it is the comment, not the person who is getting the rating, whether rated inadvertently or not.

Noeleen,

To change your signature click on your name on the top right of the forum, this will then bring up further options,you will now see 'signature' is second in the left column, click this and you can now edit your signature.
Just testing my signature

Ok, signature didn't work...where do I find it and what is signature called?