Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Please ditch the negativity

Despite my PC location being set to UK, the spell checker keeps trying to change an 'S' to a 'Z' in economise and similar words.

Andy

You may be surprised but the Oxford English Dictionary considers s or z as acceptable - so i suppose it depends whether you view this as sufficient authority on English English!

I posted the picture off my Cali and someone 'disliked' it. (You know who you are) Probably through fat finger syndrome. Cali was inconsolable. No matter what I did she drove sulkily until it was removed.
She's better now but please be careful with those icons.

I used to have a Mohawk!

Noeleen,

To change your signature click on your name on the top right of the forum, this will then bring up further options,you will now see 'signature' is second in the left column, click this and you can now edit your signature.

Thanks Martin, I actually mastered it earlier today. It was the bit on the avatar that was stubborn.

BTW, I like the way Californiaman disliked GrannyJen's comment and did it publicly!

Thanks Martin, I actually mastered it earlier today. It was the bit on the avatar that was stubborn.

BTW, I like the way Californiaman disliked GrannyJen's comment and did it publicly!

Yes, but it was a shame that he did not comment on why he disagreed with it as that denied me the opportunity to disagree with his disagreeable comment :shocked

Besides, I still hold to my opinion ...

I bet he looked very fetching with a mohawk :(

Well, I agree with you, GrannyJen, but as Californiaman disagrees and doesn't explain himself, he disagrees in a disagreeable way to your thinking, whereas his disagreement is agreeable to me.

I think that I will agree to disagree, even with myself as I now have no idea what I am disagreeing about and with whom I am disagreeing :Nailbiting

I am thinking about leaving the country because yesterday a bird sing on my windscreen :)

I have used the like button on a few limited occasions, however, I can't help thinking subconsciously it may be limiting peoples opinions in case they receive a negative 'thumbs down' from others on the forum. I sincerely hope that wouldn't be the case... On the plus side a quick thumbs up just says you agree With the statement posted and have nothing more to add... That's how I read it anyway...
Don't know what the other buttons/icons do...

You may be surprised but the Oxford English Dictionary considers s or z as acceptable - so i suppose it depends whether you view this as sufficient authority on English English!
Whilst I'm happy with either Z or S it would be nice if the spellchecker accepted the S instead of underlining it. Of course I could just ignore the spellcheck, post and be damned and blame it on my phone, or the club.:D

On the spell checking thing. I can't find a spell check button on the site. If you are referring to the red underlining of words, then i think that comes from your browser. I use Chrome and it provides this service for all web forms - it does have the concept of English(US) and English, sadly English can not be selected as the spell checking language. I assume there are similar settings in IE and Firefox.

In Chrome it is Settings - Advanced Settings - Language and input settings

On the spell checking thing. I can't find a spell check button on the site. If you are referring to the red underlining of words, then i think that comes from your browser. I use Chrome and it provides this service for all web forms - it does have the concept of English(US) and English, sadly English can not be selected as the spell checking language. I assume there are similar settings in IE and Firefox.

In Chrome it is Settings - Advanced Settings - Language and input settings

Cheers teeboy,

:thumbYou can add 'English (United Kingdom) to the list of languages, set it to display and use for spell checking. Just done a test and you can write economise or economize and it accepts both - no more red underlining.

So the List of languages in Chrome is English (United States), English, English (United Kingdom), with the last set to 'Display' and 'Used for spell Checking'.

Now happy.:bananadance

Andy

Ahhhhhh well done. I have english (us) and English. I didn't think to add another.

T

never even knew of their existence till I read this thread (cos it was on the new postings list summary and sounded worth a look!)

Just today got a bad writing , rate from someone :(
Hope he has done it without any means by accident , as i only write in Englisch here on this forum and had only one year English at school ( just basics) for my point of view i'm not that bad ....is it?
Under my avatar one can see location:BELGIUM , so we speak or Dutch or French , some parts of Belgium even German....give it a try anyone?
:headbang

Need to move these icons to an other place of the screen so can't be done accidently when "sweeping " on a tablet or Ipad

Personaly think better to delete the " bad spelling" icon , on a forum you don't know any background of the members , there may well be mental handcapt people , foreigners , people with minimum education ,...joining the conversations so not fair to judge them on spelling- faults.

Last edited:
Sorry Hotel California it was me , yes it was an accident whilst scrolling again, I love reading your posts and am mortified again to think I've upset someone.

Please can the icons be moved, I can't cope with the stress!!!

Tracy

Sorry Hotel California it was me , yes it was an accident whilst scrolling again, I love reading your posts and am mortified again to think I've upset someone.

Please can the icons be moved, I can't cope with the stress!!!

Tracy
Nope today it was not by you ....;)
I'm not offended or upset , but just find the whole idea about like,dislike,ect ... just stupid ....
Start to look like a facebook , what i never ever haved visited or have an account , but the wife and many friends are on it and always liking things....:headbang

Always afther posting something i go and read it over , usally ending up correcting some faults!
Takes me twice as much trouble and time as you guys to reply or post something...think about that!
Gonne start a Belgium Cali-forum........NOT:D

Last edited:
Just checked my profile page and realise that I've given a 'creative' rating somewhere. System doesn't seem to allow me click on it to find out where.

Just checked my profile page and realise that I've given a 'creative' rating somewhere. System doesn't seem to allow me click on it to find out where.
Tap on your nickname on top right then on ratings given and it shows your ratings given....
I myself have six ratings given all without notice , lucky non of them are in a negative way.
The mods know the problem and are working on a solution to place the icon on a diffrent side of the screen but sure it is not the priority .

Tap on your nickname on top right then on ratings given and it shows your ratings given....
I myself have six ratings given all without notice , lucky non of them are in a negative way.
The mods know the problem and are working on a solution to place the icon on a diffrent side of the screen but sure it is not the priority .
Thanks fit that, unintentional and out of context, rating now removed.

Nope today it was not by you ....;)
I'm not offended or upset , but just fiind the whole idea about like,dislike,ect ... just stupid ....
Start to look like a facebook , what i never ever haved visited or have an account , but the wife and many friends ar on it and always liking things....:headbang

Always afther posting something i go and read it over , usally ending up correcting some faults!
Takes me twice as much trouble and time as you guys to reply or post something...think about that!
Gonne start a Belgium Cali-forum........NOT:D

Phew I must have undone it before you saw. I quite like the agree and like icons as you can show someone you appreciate their post even when you don't feel the need to reply, but agree that the negative ones could be removed or definately moved.