New January 2014 Brochure

Looby

Looby

An ever-changing view through the arch window
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi all, just wanted to highlight the new Jan 2014 California brochure which can be downloaded on the vw site by selecting new vehicles and California then there's a brochure icon to click.
There are a number of changes to the factory fitted options and the dealer accessory section has been removed. Some existing options have increased in price, some have decreased and guess what.....??? The base vehicle prices have all increased since 1st Jan. a big blow to those of us who thought we had till spring to order before price rise :headbang thankfully dealer was sympathetic and keen to please.
There are new 17" Timaru alloys and the cascavel's are now the same price for both versions. There's also a chrome pack but not much explanation of what's included.
Happy browsing!

Saw that, not a lot different but a little price hike. One change that did catch my eye was the privacy glass with insulation option that offers green in front of the B pillar and dark-tinted behind. Not sure exactly what that means but hope it marks a move back to a darker tint in the rear glass. Not as many special packs this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looby said:
Hi all, just wanted to highlight the new Jan 2014 California brochure which can be downloaded on the vw site by selecting new vehicles and California then there's a brochure icon to click.
There are a number of changes to the factory fitted options and the dealer accessory section has been removed. Some existing options have increased in price, some have decreased and guess what.....??? The base vehicle prices have all increased since 1st Jan. a big blow to those of us who thought we had till spring to order before price rise :headbang thankfully dealer was sympathetic and keen to please.
There are new 17" Timaru alloys and the cascavel's are now the same price for both versions. There's also a chrome pack but not much explanation of what's included.
Happy browsing!

Chrome pack is chrome fogs surrounds and a chrome strip down the side, not previously available on UK Calis but I believe available on the Caravlle

Although the there are price increase at least the UK Cali now has more choice and a better ranged and and better grouped options, bringing it much closer to LHD versions

James

Also, heated rear window with wash wipe is listed as a no cost option on SE.
Was this standard in previous years.?

Why an option if no cost?

There wasn't a heated rear window option ,due to it being double glazed glass and the rear wash wipe was standard kit on my SE in 2012

I wonder if vans ordered in 2013 but manufactured in 2014 will be made to 2013 spec?

James said:
Looby said:
Happy browsing!

Chrome pack is chrome fogs surrounds and a chrome strip down the side, not previously available on UK Calis but I believe available on the Caravlle

Although the there are price increase at least the UK Cali now has more choice and a better ranged and and better grouped options, bringing it much closer to LHD versions

James

Well James, I didn't realise that you were pictured on the VW website......!!! I must have missed that previously. ;)
https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/range/camper-vans/
(Scroll down to bottom)

Ambler said:
I wonder if vans ordered in 2013 but manufactured in 2014 will be made to 2013 spec?
my query also!

dayslikethis said:
Ambler said:
my query also!

Previously in LHD Markets you could delete the double glazed rear window and have heated rear window instead.

You could also not have the swivel seats and have electric seats for example

James

defender1 said:
James said:
Looby said:
Happy browsing!

James

Well James, I didn't realise that you were pictured on the VW website......!!! I must have missed that previously. ;)
https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/range/camper-vans/
(Scroll down to bottom)

lol So I am - Betty looks so unmolested

I am not the only forum member there either

James

If you ordered in 2013 with delivery for 2014 and the dealer loaded it on the system in 2013 then your vehicle will be old price and built with the options and packs that were applicable then.you can add spec before it is confirmed for production but if you remove any of the 2013 spec/packs you cannot add them again.

Looking at the 2014 brochure it seems to me that they have not improved the spec/ packs compared to 2013 spec/packs,for instance heated seats no longer standard but now a cost option no tour pack and travel pack no longer with the £975 option of F+R park distance control + camera plus a price increase to boot!! I'm still checking as I wouldn't be surprised to find a few more differences !!

rippers said:
On the beach standard spec is the 12v to 230v adapter basically hookup or an inverter?

New Beach on orders placed after week 46 then it's main hook up as standard... Fitting on outside of van to connect main into...

As on our New Beach we collected on Friday... :)

Shaun

'12v to 230v adapter' is a strange description for a hookup? Is it just a hookup or does it it charge the leisure battery too. I wish my Beach had hook up :cry:

Gasgas said:
Looking at the 2014 brochure it seems to me that they have not improved the spec/ packs compared to 2013 spec/packs,for instance heated seats no longer standard but now a cost option no tour pack and travel pack no longer with the £975 option of F+R park distance control + camera plus a price increase to boot!! I'm still checking as I wouldn't be surprised to find a few more differences !!

It looks like the heated front seats are still listed as standard on SE - page 22, but listed as a £276 option on page 48
Guessing more mistakes as lane change assist is listed as £808 on its own but £732 as part of
Safety pack which includes auto-dimming rear-view mirror, tyre pressure monitor, front and rear parking sensors and Lane Change Assist :crazy

Gasgas said:

i would disagree - you have a whole host of options that were not available before and the packs are grouped more like their LHD counterparts.

For example the Vis packs were oddly arranged with previously, no auto lights available. Yes some things are no longer standard and their will be more price increases but I think there is more chance to personalise your Cali now.

James

James said:
Gasgas said:

i would disagree - you have a whole host of options that were not available before and the packs are grouped more like their LHD counterparts.

For example the Vis packs were oddly arranged with previously, no auto lights available. Yes some things are no longer standard and their will be more price increases but I think there is more chance to personalise your Cali now.

James

James I agree. I contacted my dealer today who amended my order which meant I had a slightly better spec and it worked out cheaper on the deal he gave me

Your right pge 22 they moved it from the old brochure electrical to functional Standard options
(I missed it) but then pge 48 under options htd seats £276 for both se and Beach!!! Don't get me wrong Vw is a great product but I have never known a manufacturer to make so many mistakes in a brochure before

Gasgas said:

Gasgas, the rear view camera wasn't available in the travel pack from the last brochure either, there was an error there too and this amendment was made in Aug 13

Premium pack
RNS 510 satellite-navigation with DAB+, three zone Climatronic air-conditioning, premium Bluetooth, rain sensor with auto-dimming rear view-mirror, rear-view camera with front and rear parking sensors, and front fog lights with cornering function.

Travel pack
RNS 510 satellite-navigation with DAB+, three-zone Climatronic air-conditioning, premium Bluetooth, laminated glass in cab and privacy glass in the passenger compartment, multi-function steering wheel with radio and phone controls, and auto-dimming rear view mirror.

I didn't know that !! I don't think my dealer knows it either !!it is why I went for the travel pack as it seemed very good value. Its taken ages to choose the spec but know its a call to the dealer and back to the drawing board :headbang

Too late to change anything on ours.
It is closed for production and the process will be started next week.

Thanks for the info looby, if you hadn't mentioned it then it would have been built and delivered to the dealer before I could have done anything about it phew!! This is why this forum is so good. :thumb

Glad you got it sorted out in time. I feel I need to recommend David Miller at Edinburgh again, for anyone interested, as he printed the amendments off for us when he gave us the brochure back in October. Happy travels when it arrives.

I can still see one dissappointing fact with the Beach.
No, 180 bi-turbo option or 4 motion. Would be the only reason for me to change my current California

Back