Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop top canvas and security latch.

Calibus

Calibus

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hoping for a couple of bits of advice from the seasoned pros please.

I have a Beach so manual pop top, do I really just poke the canvas into the recess to attach the roof clips, this seems a little rudimentary given the complexity and cost if it goes wrong, or am I just worrying a bit to much, I’ve supplied photos. The manual doesn’t really give clear instructions and I’d just like to make sure I’m doing it right.

Is there room to store a duvet and pillow on the top bed with the roof down, was thinking about a king folded in half, I can’t really tell if there’s room up there. If no ones tried I’ll give it a go and post my results.

Hi Calibus,

Yes it really is that low tech, just push the canvas out of the way to allow you to latch the roof. There is enough gap to slide the canvas out of the way.

I think you will potentially damage the roof if you leave bulky items up top when closing the roof,

Rolling the excess material into the gap behind the clip is the way I was shown by the dealer. This helps to stop any bits poking outside and getting trapped.

Just roll back the canvass behind the clip.

We leave a 4.5 tog Siberian goose down duvet, carefully folded in half lengthways, squished into the roof cavity. Definitely no pillows.

There is not much room in the roof cavity, so if you do leave a duvet up there it has to be a summer duvet and of sufficiently good quality to compress to very thin.

I too found the handbook not clear so I found a you tube video. This one is good. It is in German but you do not need the words as the pictures are very clear.

Thanks for posting this question! Something I thought about too when I bought my van.