Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop top covers...... fit?

chockswahay

chockswahay

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi Team, this is just curiosity really........ I have noticed several covers for sale second hand over the last few months and just wondered how the new owners get on with them? At the point of buying new a few of the manufacturers insist on 'actual measurements' which I have always thought of as quite odd but hey..........

As it happens I have a Polar cover and screen wrap which despite being measured and re-made a second time are not really a good fit anyway (long story) however they do the job (ish).

Any comments from new owners of used covers? :)

I see you are a fellow Coast owner - Despite what you read on other posts, the manual roof and electric roof are different sizes. So one size does not fit all. The only retailer that could give me confidence that they knew of the difference was the club shop - I ordered the Wrap from the club shop and am very happy with the fit.

Apparently for older Cali’s the measurements differ from MY to MY. For the 6.1, AFAIK, they are always the same (confirmed by Rainbow) so if you have a 6.1 will be fine. Personally we find the top cover really bulky, so have for emergency winter use only but otherwise we don’t carry. Same with windscreen cover - we had a bulky one, now we have a super small one that fits between one of the chairs.

Another forumite kindly posted pictures of the Pucer wrap he bought for his Coast. The manual roof and the electric roof open to slightly different heights. Its not massively different, but I think manual roof is a little lower at the front and a little higher at the back. So a wrap tailored for the Ocean placed on a Coast will give excess material at the front and a gap at the rear.

The pics in the post show it quite well.

Chat with the club shop and they will confirm. Other retailers didn't inspire enough confidence that they knew the difference.

I agree , covers do take up (valuable) space. Regarding the size I was only really thinking out loud……. not so much the difference between electric or manual….. simply that most of the manufacturers insist you supply measurements…….. all these are knocked into a cocked hat if your ‘measured’ cover is used on another van (!?)

As I said, I’m only curious ……