Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Poptop bed question

M

Mankywelshman

Vehicle
Please Select
So I have 5 of these catches in the poptop roof that I presume used to hold a net or something to stop pillows falling while sleeping. Can you get a net that clips in as my Cali didn't come with anything ?
Many thanks

PXL_20220322_182418120.jpg

Looks like the mounting points for the original child safety net. Find below a picture of it:
095cd2ce11fa991e0dc27016dd8806fd60f6f131.jpg

They can be found second hand but are not easy to come by these days. I know of a Dutch VW campervan shop that sells them for aprox. 132 pounds. Which is a lot, but seems to be what they go for. You can find the link to the shops webpage here. Alternatively you could always go DIY. There's some people on the forums here that have done so. Like in this thread. If you use the search you'll find their posts. In our T4 we decided to go with adifferent DIY-solution that also turned the upper bed into a very luxerious loooong bed :) See the photo below and more info on the DIY in this link.

20180804_111830-300x225.jpg

Looks like the mounting points for the original child safety net. Find below a picture of it:
095cd2ce11fa991e0dc27016dd8806fd60f6f131.jpg

They can be found second hand but are not easy to come by these days. I know of a Dutch VW campervan shop that sells them for aprox. 132 pounds. Which is a lot, but seems to be what they go for. You can find the link to the shops webpage here. Alternatively you could always go DIY. There's some people on the forums here that have done so. Like in this thread. If you use the search you'll find their posts. In our T4 we decided to go with adifferent DIY-solution that also turned the upper bed into a very luxerious loooong bed :) See the photo below and more info on the DIY in this link.

20180804_111830-300x225.jpg
Ok great, thanks for the info, much appreciated

That's not a California roof bed so the T6 cali safety net won't fit.

Last edited:
Keep an eye on https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/ i've seen them pop up on here from time to time.
Its a German website, so search for things like:
kindernetz t4
sicherheitnetz t4
Kinderschutznetz t4

(I'm not German, but i used these phrases to find on there when i was looking...)
There is one for the moment but priced at 200€ which is a bit steep (depending what price you put on your kids safety:veryfunny)

In fact this website is a great source for finding all things T4 California second hand

Happy hunting!

Well, it actually is a california roof bed. But a T4 California Westfalia roof bed.
I see. Still the safety net won't fit. Maybe you could adapt one to fit or try one of those car boot cargo nets from halfords

As is, the T6 safety net will not fit. That's absolutely correct. Perhaps with some adjustments, or as mentioned, some other DIY-solution might solve the issue.

Hi I have the net that attaches to these mounts (which I need to start using for my grandchildren) but my 2000 T4 Westfalia doesn’t have the mounts! I bought the net on eBay and now need the correct mounts - do you know if they’re available? Thanks Steve

Back