Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Porridge

Love both option A and B, A before a big hike cooked with raisons, sliced banana, cinnamon, just a dash of salt which makes the sweet stand out, and fresh OJ poured over.

Not another one for golden syrup :(

That must be like mixing wallpaper paste with loctite :shocked
It’s all about getting the right amount of milk - or does that start a Milk vs Water debate ?

Am I imagining things or is traditionally made porridge supposed to be buried in a pot at the end of the garden before being served the following day?

Tough luck if you live in a flat :D

This one looks a classic . ... might try it ....

Apparently it increases serotonin. Well that should bugger up the clinical trial that I am currently on which is testing serotonin blockers :D

Screenshot 2021-02-17 at 22.14.31.png

Hmm I have just bought some lemon curd to go in a rather yummy sounding lemon and pineapple gin cocktail that I have come across. I wonder what a teaspoon of that would be like stirred in?

Vary the breakfasts but Porridge definitely on the list. Preferably Flahavan’s Jumbo oats with whatever takes my fancy to add some sweetness.

Mike
Agreed! With full cream milk, and cooked only enough to leave some texture ...

Hmm I have just bought some lemon curd to go in a rather yummy sounding lemon and pineapple gin cocktail that I have come across. I wonder what a teaspoon of that would be like stirred in?
It'll be like grey slop with some lemon curd stirred in.

But if you really find you have to get an oatmeal fix somehow, the best way to do that is in an Atholl Brose.

(For the uninitiated: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atholl_brose).

I've tried lemon curd. It's disgusting.

Raspberry jam is ok.

I've decided throwing in berries is a waste of berries, best reserved for yoghurt.

I'm now going to try something savoury, spiced mango dressing, or I might just go for Punjabi porridge and throw in some Kashmiri curry that I have with a hint of cumin....

Last edited:
1/3 milk + 2/3 water to 1 part oats is my preferred method.
I also found I can do a bowl in the microwave at 1 min each 100w 600w 300w and let it stand for a minute.
Then add sultanas (or raisins), or a spoonful of honey.

1/3 milk + 2/3 water to 1 part oats is my preferred method.
I also found I can do a bowl in the microwave at 1 min each 100w 600w 300w and let it stand for a minute.
Then add sultanas (or raisins), or a spoonful of honey.
Similar liquid for me but I find 2min 20sec on 800w is perfect. I stir a handful of raisins in before microwaving and a handful of flaked almonds in after, with a drizzle of honey. Keeps me going til 2pm