Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Power loss when driving

But diagnostic does not show the fault
And no black smoke when accelerating hard and overall van drives smooth as I still had it remapped now and after remap I got 128kw and 390Nm,so its very close to the stock now as it should be.

So if you´re 100% sure that its not the intercooler and you´ve
just had a new turbo fitted and the DPF is also a new one then
it must be some sensor or something with the ECU ? or not.

Have you got 128kw right now but you should have more ?
I´m a bit confused as to when you had it remapped.

I decegree on your thoughts that over the years and especialy this kind of milage engine looses that much of power is normal,my last van was a T4 2.5tdi with red i (111kw) and I went for the remap,so tried her on the roling road before and after and figures showed 110kw before and 120kw after,Nm was increesed more but I cant remember excact no. And the milage was even higher on that van. And before that I had another T4 with the same engine but it was with the blue i (65kw) engine,also done remape,and before and after roling road that was also very close to what the stock should be,after remap went up to 85kw. Most of my cars I owned I had them remaped and I got to say never had such a high difference in what should be.
How do you know the engine was putting out 128kw when new?
Since then compression rings wear, valves get carbonised etc?
If you are that concerned then you’ll have to get your wallet out and start spending.

So if you´re 100% sure that its not the intercooler and you´ve
just had a new turbo fitted and the DPF is also a new one then
it must be some sensor or something with the ECU ? or not.

Have you got 128kw right now but you should have more ?
I´m a bit confused as to when you had it remapped.
My van is 2004 so it is pre DPF model. But any way answering to your question is my van 128kw now but it should be more? Yes that’s correct because it has been remaped now and as you remap stock 128k then it should be at least 140kw. Injectors checked,turbo replaced new,EGR replaced new,exhaust catolic converter new,no faults on the diagnostic,intercooler doesn’t look like its leaking,didn’t take apart to have a closer look,perhaps I should

How do you know the engine was putting out 128kw when new?
Since then compression rings wear, valves get carbonised etc?
If you are that concerned then you’ll have to get your wallet out and start spending.
Well I don’t but this is newer model than T4’s I previously owned and I presume it should be some very close figures. If older vans was why this is exception. Its just my thoughts. If I new that this is normal I wouldn’t worry to much but all the mechanics are saying it shouldn’t be that much different

intercooler doesn’t look like its leaking,didn’t take apart to have a closer look,perhaps I should
Someone said before that it wasn´t until they closely inspected
the intercooler that they saw a hairline crack in it.
If thats the case, whip it off and fit a Forge one :thumb

If not, you need the advice from the Guru.

Someone said before that it wasn´t until they closely inspected
the intercooler that they saw a hairline crack in it.
If thats the case, whip it off and fit a Forge one :thumb

If not, you need the advice from the Guru.

I was thinking exactly like that,need a close look at the intercooler,I don’t think it is something to do with the engine I think it is something around it.

Back