Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Power steering gone on M62

Topman

Topman

Vehicle
T5 Cali on order
Not sure if anyone's experienced this , was on my daily commute on the M62 this morning when notice the steering felt funny , thought a tyre had gone , came off the motorway , the steering feeling really heavy , came to the round about , it took too hands on the steering wheel and 16 stone behind it to get round , pulled over expecting to see a flat tyre , to my shock all was fine fully inflated , luckily VW West Yorkshire commercial was only a mile away where the Cali was purchased from , a steady plod there in rush hour ,

The technician was spot on excellent service , told him the problem he noticed the power steering fluid reservoir had deposited / emptied , booked the cali in got a rental van from them back on route to work within 30 mins

Watch this space :headbang

That's quality service from your dealer my local one would've told me to bring it back in 2 weeks!

5 months old
mileage 7400

Not good

Bet they said "it's the first time we have seen this"
Let us know the outcome.

That's scary.

I would never have managed to turn the steering wheel.

Sorry for the late response

The root cause of the issue was a split hose all changed and back on the road within 2 days

After some negotiation with VW Customer Service they have offered a inconvenience gift to be used at a VW dealer

Tbh their customer service has been excellent :goodone

Can't believe it

powering steering gone again today , straight into VW commercials West Yorkshire ,
Looks like a split hose again

Glad it's still in Warranty

I've just had to have a new pump fitted after mine dropped all its fluid.

Back