Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Powered steering

aliceh92

aliceh92

Vehicle
Looking to buy
My powered steering went just before Christmas (after having just spent best part of £600 on new rear brakes) on my T5 California SE the same week and times are tight Have a great person who does the service - he’s sent me this, any thoughts as to what the advantage of VW pump over a decent but cheaper one is?

A genuine VW power steering pump is £566.44 + VAT. I can get a non genuine pump for £275 + VAT. There will be power steering fluid and a couple of hours labour as well. Which pump would you like fitted?

Any idea who the manufacturer is for the “Non VW” pump. As for the “Genuine” pump, VW don’t actually make them themselves they normally get supplied by the company that gives the best quote so it’s possible that both are made in the same factory.

Thanks - that’s helpful in just knowing the right questions to ask. Will find out. I’m intending on going non VW unless a glaringly obvious reason not to!

Thanks - that’s helpful in just knowing the right questions to ask. Will find out. I’m intending on going non VW unless a glaringly obvious reason not to!
Also take a look online to see what prices you come up with for a new pump. I’m sure you could get a better price.

See below threads as you have a t5 - not answering the question you've asked but worth a check if any required recalls were done on the van.

Back