Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pre-Reg / Demonstrator - New For Old policy

rippers

rippers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Our last van (SE) we bought brand new, at this time the insurance company (Comfort) policy was new for old in the first year should it be written off.
The van we pick up next week is a dealer pre reg (March 2017) I just got a quote from Safeguard and they said because we where not the first registered keeper then we would only get market value. Will this be the same for every insurer? has anyone else insured a new for old with any other insurer on a pre-reg?
I forgot to ask Comfort when they quoted as they where so expensive this time around I didn't bother discussing it.

Get gap insurance.

Agree that might be the practical solution but we seem in some many areas to have reached the point where the answer to unreasonable shortcomings in an insurance company's cover is to... buy more insurance. :mad:

Another generic strategy in risk management is to accept a risk, if you think it's small (ie extremely unlikely, and/or the sky wouldn't fall in if it did happen). I wonder how many VW Californias actually get written off every year, especially in their first year?

If the new prices continue to increase as they have done, 'market value' may well be higher than the original purchase cost, and therefore gap insurance should have a negative price!

Thanks for the input guys if I don't find a new for old inclusive in the insurance then I may consider GAP but for the reasons above it might not be worth while

Thanks for the input guys if I don't find a new for old inclusive in the insurance then I may consider GAP but for the reasons above it might not be worth while
If you do go down the GAP route, there are a number of excellent providers online which will cost circa 50% of what the main dealers will charge you ;)

Our last van (SE) we bought brand new, at this time the insurance company (Comfort) policy was new for old in the first year should it be written off.
The van we pick up next week is a dealer pre reg (March 2017) I just got a quote from Safeguard and they said because we where not the first registered keeper then we would only get market value. Will this be the same for every insurer? has anyone else insured a new for old with any other insurer on a pre-reg?
I forgot to ask Comfort when they quoted as they where so expensive this time around I didn't bother discussing it.
Maybe Comfort were more expensive this time round because they include " New for Old " cover ?

Comfort are 3year 15k miles. Doesn't cover ex demo but does Pre reg under 250miles.

Non of them would do it in the end. Went with CC&C and saved a couple of hundred quid against the Comfort price, Comfort where very disappointing this time around:(