Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Price Increase 01 Feb 16??

Batmobile

Batmobile

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Drive The Deal just sent out an email stating the following: "We are emailing to inform you that VW will be increasing their manufacturer list prices across the range on Monday 1st February 2016."

I do not know how true it is or whether it will affect the California significantly, but maybe worth considering if poised and ready to order. It may cost more to wait.

Does anyone have reliable info on this?

I got the message from german dealers that the prices goes up 2% by 1th february.

Loyalty Bonus in one hand price increase taken from the other.

Last edited:
Loyalty Bonus in one hand price increase taken from the the other.
Exactly what I was thinking. 2% more I will be saving by not buying one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Got to pay for the free emission repairs somehow.:thumb

Previous increase was Nov 2014, so I'm guessing the 2015 annual rise was put back due to the arrival of the T6, there is only one way prices are going.

An annual price increase is not unreasonable. The fact that it's in the aftermath of the emissions scandal probably explains why it's been over a year since the last one, though the T6 prices obviously aren't that old.

Glad my orders already in!

Not sure how you have it but in our order contract dealer is allowed to change the price in case the factory increases it. They can increase it by 5% if more than you are allowed to cancel the order.
I am about to order it this week but am afraid that they still increase the price, no matter we sign cheaper one.

That is worrying. I hope that they do not actually do that and honour the very specific prices they give you on your order form and finance arrangements!

Normal practice. You are buying the vehicle from the Dealership not VW.
The Dealership is buying the vehicle from VW and thats why you have a Dealership Discount etc: The Dealership can elect to adjust their discount or pass on the cost to the customer. If you want the best Dealer Discount then this is the risk you take. Best of luck.

That is worrying. I hope that they do not actually do that and honour the very specific prices they give you on your order form and finance arrangements!
This was my concern when I placed an order on mine but was reassured by customer care that price is fixed once order in place
That was 3 years ago

Alan

This was my concern when I placed an order on mine but was reassured by customer care that price is fixed once order in place
That was 3 years ago

Alan
My email from DTD yesterday put on the discount t 6 thread yesterday. They were discussing DTD.
We are emailing to inform you that VW will be increasing their manufacturer list prices across the range on Monday 1st February 2016.

You can beat their price increase if you place your order with us by 11am on Friday 29th January to allow time for your order to be placed with the factory.

We have sent you this email because you have recently taken a quote from our website for a new VW. We hope you have found this information helpful and look forward to being of further assistance to you.

Kind regards,

Broker Team

http://www.drivethedeal.com/

Our signed contract with VW dealer doesn't mention anything about being subject to price increase once the vehicle is ordered.

Calimera: I got the same message, order by 27/1 or you will get the price increase of 1.5-2%.

Calimera: I got the same message, order by 27/1 or you will get the price increase of 1.5-2%.

We ordered on the 20 th January. Now a long wait but very excited finally taken the plunge X

I have just checked with eurovans Crawley as I ordered mid December. Price is defo fixed once ordered.

The area VW Sales Manager for Kent says that he is unaware of any imminent price increase. Perhaps Drive the Deal salesman used to work for a double glazing company and is using their techniques to close deals. Then again perhaps of VW Sales Manager doesn't know the correct information, but surely that would happen with VW!

Ordered from same dealer . Impressed so far .
Yes I've hD no problem with eurovans. Been friendly and helpful. All I would say is that due to the unconfirmed build dates changing it has given me time to dwell on the options I have picked/not picked. I queried today whether it was to late for me to change from a 204 manual to a 204 dsg. While they can accommodate this the impression I got was that it could negatively affect build date but they wouldn't know until I gave them the go ahead to make the change. Anyway I decided to stick with current spec and hope for early delivery!

The area VW Sales Manager for Kent says that he is unaware of any imminent price increase. Perhaps Drive the Deal salesman used to work for a double glazing company and is using their techniques to close deals. Then again perhaps of VW Sales Manager doesn't know the correct information, but surely that would happen with VW!
They were correct with the last rise. Nov 2014

Yes I've hD no problem with eurovans. Been friendly and helpful. All I would say is that due to the unconfirmed build dates changing it has given me time to dwell on the options I have picked/not picked. I queried today whether it was to late for me to change from a 204 manual to a 204 dsg. While they can accommodate this the impression I got was that it could negatively affect build date but they wouldn't know until I gave them the go ahead to make the change. Anyway I decided to stick with current spec and hope for early delivery!

We've ordered from Eurovans Crawley as well. Placed the order around the 10th December and had build week 6 confirmed. Our's is a 204 dsg 4motion and I agree that it's easy to over-think the spec during the waiting process.

They were correct with the last rise. Nov 2014

I spoke with dealer (Eurovans) this morning and mentioned the price rise...
He knows nothing, nothing on his system...

He did say that any placed order and agreed Price is stuck to.

From another forum

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=276632.0

Seems as though there is something as this post is from an apparent VW dealer (Cheltenham) but maybe the increase is more VW retail specific? I guess time will tell.

PS. Sorry for looking at other forum's - just a quick google search - honest! ;)

Spoke with our potential dealer on Thursday who knew nothing of this, nor did his Business Manager. Can only hope it just affects the retail side of things.