Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW price increase

M

ma5dst

VIP Member
Hi all,

According to Drive The Deal, VW will be increasing their manufacturer list prices across the range on Monday 4 November 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Re: VW price increase

To pay for all the warranty work :thumb

VW price increase

Another increase this year as well as taking some of the spec off the standard se and making you pay for them in a pack .... Wow

At this rate my cali will be worth more than I paid for it ...pmsl

First and last new Cali for me I think ....

I know some bits have been removed as standard but I don't think this is VW being mean as such. The way the options and packs are now structured it is much more in line with European Cali's and that has to be better.

UK Cali's were always well specced in comparison to say their European counterparts but you had less options. That now appears to have changed.

My personal view is of rather have the options sensibly grouped in packs. For example now being able to have auto lights or colour dis.

It means you can have a more personal of slightly more expensive Cali.

James

I have just ordered a Cali a couple of weeks ago, what has been taken off as Std on the SE has this just happened. Or is the July 2013 still correct

Think the fog lights are now listed under the travel pack (previously standard?). Even despite this I think the new packs are good value - eg the travel pack is £2600 vs approx £3500 if you price the options individually.

ma5dst said:
Think the fog lights are now listed under the travel pack (previously standard?). Even despite this I think the new packs are good value - eg the travel pack is £2600 vs approx £3500 if you price the options individually.

I think that was the point

Yes - you lose some standard equipment - but over all the pack present better value for money and they do include something that weren't available previously.

James

But remember the base model has gone up in price as well ... James is right directional dogs and front & rear sensors are non- standard now ..I can't see it being cheaper .? ( not from vw )

choplee said:
But remember the base model has gone up in price as well ... James is right directional dogs and front & rear sensors are non- standard now ..I can't see it being cheaper .? ( not from vw )

No it's not cheaper and this sounds like a cop out from the VW Press Office but the option packs should be better arranged and better value. The previous option packs were badly organised.

I guess VW added equipment to sell them now they are established they probably can reduce the standard kit, increase the price but offer more options. Let's not forget if you were buying a Cali in Germany - it would be steel wheels - no fogs - no third window in the roof - no sliding window etc etc.

The only downside is that UK buyers don't have the engine options other markets have. You might feel a bit less peeved if you had a greater engine choice. That tends to be what pushes the price up of European Cali's - the engine choice. Bit more limited in the UK.

James

Just heard from my local dealer that VW are postponing the price hike until early 2014. :thumb
Bill

Back