Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Probably a non-question since I’ve been looking and it seems no-one’s asked it...

D

Dibz

VIP Member
hi all, long time no post for me. We are thinking of getting a drive away to expand living and comfort space in inclement British weather.

I’ve been looking around a lot and I’ve discovered one uncertainty that I’m struggling to answer/understand. We will most likely be attaching the awning to our factory roll out via a Kador adapter and figure-8 strips, but one thing no-one mentions is the length of the awning attachment vs the length of the roll-out channel.

The awning I’m narrowed down to states a 3m attachment length, while the roll-out is 2.5m, should I worry about the half metre of overhang/leftover? Do others have too long a rail, and does it affect how the side doors on the link piece work, how the link sides hangs etc, or does it not have much effect?

Thanks for any advice and insights.

(Apologies if I have missed this answer in my searching)
(Edited for auto-correct)

Last edited:
I thought it was a Kador strip, not Katie.
It will make a slight difference when fitting but probably manageable if you have the extra half a metre leftover split between left and. right overhang as you put it. Also it will help if the figure of 8 strips are slightly longer than 2.5m, perhaps an extra .1m at each end to take up a bit of that leftover. They and the Kador can be cut to size.

You can cut the kador to length if needed

I thought it was a Kador strip, not Katie.
It will make a slight difference when fitting but probably manageable if you have the extra half a metre leftover split between left and. right overhang as you put it. Also it will help if the figure of 8 strips are slightly longer than 2.5m, perhaps an extra .1m at each end to take up a bit of that leftover. They and the Kador can be cut to size.
It is kador, we can thank auto correct for the ‘Katie strip’ pretty sure that’s a whole different thing

You can cut the kador to length if needed
In this case, I’m not talking about the length of the adapter strip or figure 8 strips, I believe the attachment length the manufacturer states at 3m is effectively the width of the link access on the awning itself . So, not sure it would be trimmable.

I got a Kador Strip & 3 x 1 metre lengths figure of 8, to go with our Outdoor Revolution Movelite Awning. I used this set-up a couple of times but then realised I could just slot the awning directly on to the C Slot on the Roll-Out Awning (Much less of a faff!)

Back