Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Programmable feature with Carista?

I’ve just bought a Carista for my 6.1. Disappointed to say the least.
On connection I was greeted with “limited customisation with this
model" or words to that effect.
What I really wanted was auto mirror fold on locking but no sign of it on the very limited menu!
Or, am I missing something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Possibly missing something! I did it ok but can’t recall where on the menu.

Last edited:
What I really wanted was auto mirror fold on locking but no sign of it on the very limited menu!

Doesn't a long press of the lock button on the key fob work on the 6.1?

Might be connected to the T6.1 having restricted access to the software as has been pointed out by the remap industry.
Not certain just an observation.

Hi @edzt
I found that if you start the van, open and close the bonnet and then plug in the Carista dongle with the van still running, it opens up the customisations. Changed the mirror setting on our 6.1 OK

Using Carista, I’ve changed mirror settings to single press of button to fold.
Changed from press and hold. 3 seconds got on my nerves

As others said, zero issues. Have you also paid for the app? Unless you pay it won’t work, you just get limited options. You get the first month “free” but need to remember to cancel at the end of the month.

Hi @edzt
I found that if you start the van, open and close the bonnet and then plug in the Carista dongle with the van still running, it opens up the customisations. Changed the mirror setting on our 6.1 OK

Thanks GG, that worked perfectly, although you have you turn off the engine for some of the changes to save.
Gone from a disappointed to happy punter

Earlier this year I bought a Carista, and, like others, in the first month made some mods and then cancelled the subscription.

My understanding from various postings and:

was that I could still, without subscription, do the DPF regeneration when it suited me.

Trying for the first time last week to do the latter, I found the app took me unavoidably to the re-subscribe page: so presumably this, now, is no longer a free feature but one which required an active subscription.

Have others found the same?

I believe you need a subscription for ALL programmable options. Without a sub’ I think all you get is diagnosis.

If you’ve made all the changes you want to, it might not be worth subscribing just for forcing DPF Regenerations? The vehicle will perform this periodically all on its own.

As above answer.
Even if you force a regen it quickly goes back to normal regen cycle.

Takes about a 25 minute drive to do a Carista regen,

Anyone know if with Carista is it possible to remove the Service Due message? There was a bit of a mess up with my service plan and it’s not now due a service until next year. The dealer said to bring it in and they can reset the warning but if Carista can do it that saves a trip.

Thanks. Mine is a 6.1 so hopefully can still be done.

Anyone know if with Carista is it possible to remove the Service Due message? There was a bit of a mess up with my service plan and it’s not now due a service until next year. The dealer said to bring it in and they can reset the warning but if Carista can do it that saves a trip.
I called VW commercial finance and they sent me a photo of my service schedule via a photo taken of my document that they had printed off and put on a desk. Mine is due every 12 months / 10k miles.
How bizarre. Is yours a 4M ?

I called VW commercial finance and they sent me a photo of my service schedule via a photo taken of my document that they had printed off and put on a desk. Mine is due every 12 months / 10k miles.
Yeah 4M. They don’t know their backside from their elbow but I’ve now had confirmation from Eurovans and Birmingham that it’s not due until 2 years. So I’m just going to do that. Just need to get rid of the pesky message.

I have same t6.1 ocean 204 hp 4m Model 2022. First service after 2 years or 40k km, oil service after 2 years or 15k km, whatever comes first. It is factory settings, but can be changed.

Yeah 4M. They don’t know their backside from their elbow but I’ve now had confirmation from Eurovans and Birmingham that it’s not due until 2 years. So I’m just going to do that. Just need to get rid of the pesky message.
I booked in at Swansway, and then Jay at Birmingham called me and said it’s not due for another 12 months, as it’s every 2 years, I said I’d got confirmation from VW C Finance that it was every 12 months.
VW C explained the service schedule is preferred every year and 10k if you do half and half of stop start local and motorway miles.
If you are doing motorway mileage every week, then it’s every 2 years & 20k.
Seemed to make sense.
I said I’m the first, and I want to keep it for 20 years so VWC said best get it done every year then.

On a side note, Swansway very good.
Without question, replaced my rear habitation control panel as hot button sticking on.
Adjusted the passenger window regulator.
Brand new gear selector as I wasn’t happy with it potentially failing due to the issue with the micro switch.
And they loaned me a brand new 6.1 manual blue transporter. For the week. For free.
If they try the £20 a day insurance, tell them you’ll take it to Listers at Droitwich.
They then waiver it.

I have same t6.1 ocean 204 hp 4m Model 2022. First service after 2 years or 40k km, oil service after 2 years or 15k km, whatever comes first. It is factory settings, but can be changed.
IMHO
First service needs doing after 1 year & 10k miles.

Makes sense, 2 years or 10k miles.
I do 11k miles p.a.

Have you tried pressing the ok button on the right side of the steering wheel for at least 10 seconds? This should bring up a menu that includes the option to reset the service interval. There are several other options, including how to reset the trip counter - took me ages to figure out how to do this!

Ok. Important update! I tried resetting the service light using the method above, but it didn’t work.
I’ve now found out how to do it on a Digital Dash 6.1:

Turn ignition ON
Go through menu on digital dash until you get to driving data, then select RANGE.
Now hold in OK button - not for 10 seconds, more like 20-30, be patient. The SERVICE MENU will then come up and it’s pretty self explanatory from there - ie Reset Service Indicator.

Sorted!
Just about to drive over to the dealer to get this done but it’s saved me a trip.

Back