Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Project Camper DE. Internal Thermal Blinds.

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
These arrived today beautifully finished and great quality, also magnetic edges, folds and rolls for storage. Comes in a variety of colours and patterns. Not cheap 135 euro. But IMO worth it. They provide for both California & GC.

3235B868-B408-4FDF-B49F-6B6DC7B113A6.jpeg

These arrived today beautifully finished and great quality, also magnetic edges, folds and rolls for storage. Comes in a variety of colours and patterns. Not cheap 135 euro. But IMO worth it. They provide for both California & GC.

View attachment 90478
Only down side with that sort is it blocks the air flow from windows being open a bit, I managed to pick up some Cali magnetic ones for my joker as to have windows cracked open for the woof.

Yes I get that and thought that at the time but we just crack the side windows.

Bet you love this good weather.
Hope your good.

They do look good and bet they are blackout as that’s the downside with my cali ones the van lights can be seen.

Yep pretty good, got some cold winds up here in the cairngorms.
Been posted a bit on instagram if you have acc.
bluemerleandthejoker

Can you supply details of we’re you purchased them from please. They look interesting especially if they held in with magnets.

Yes I get that and thought that at the time but we just crack the side windows.

Bet you love this good weather.
Hope your good.
I will be getting a set of these for the cab. Beautifully made in Hamburg and I think the white/blue/grey geometric pattern will look great in the Pure Grey Cali Coast. Project Camper do offer a version with a drop down slot to allow for ventilation when the driver and passenger windows are cracked. They also offer black exterior fabric for a more stealthy appearance without compromising heat reflection performance. Win-Win

Had a quick look at there website and used google translate to get into english. Now a little confused about all the options. Also I'm assume we have to consider their passenger side is our driver side, just to add a little more complexity! Gillian what version have you got in your picture as that's just what we need

Had a quick look at there website and used google translate to get into english. Now a little confused about all the options. Also I'm assume we have to consider their passenger side is our driver side, just to add a little more complexity! Gillian what version have you got in your picture as that's just what we need
The driver/passenger side should not matter, in the add comments box explain you have a UK T6.1 Ocean, that should be adequate.

If you explain to Stefan what you have and that you want them for the windows on the sliding door he will know. I couldn’t use all the metal strips on one of the windows because they stopped the window opening but they still stick with fewer strips. They work really well.

They do look good and bet they are blackout as that’s the downside with my cali ones the van lights can be seen.

Yep pretty good, got some cold winds up here in the cairngorms.
Been posted a bit on instagram if you have acc.
bluemerleandthejoker
I can't find bluemerleandthejoker on a search.
Maybe I'm blocked!

I will be getting a set of these for the cab. Beautifully made in Hamburg and I think the white/blue/grey geometric pattern will look great in the Pure Grey Cali Coast. Project Camper do offer a version with a drop down slot to allow for ventilation when the driver and passenger windows are cracked. They also offer black exterior fabric for a more stealthy appearance without compromising heat reflection performance. Win-Win
Why doesn’t the black compromise heat reflection performance?

Why doesn’t the black compromise heat reflection performance?
You should ask Project Camper. They specifically state this on their website. Could be treatments within the panels.

We bought a set and are delighted. Slightly complex as you have to do a bank transfer and there is import duty to pay to the carrier. Much the same as when we’ve bought stuff from other countries before. But totally delighted with the whole set.

Are these really over 500 Euros a set, including a bag?

We bought a set and are delighted. Slightly complex as you have to do a bank transfer and there is import duty to pay to the carrier. Much the same as when we’ve bought stuff from other countries before. But totally delighted with the whole set.
@Fish111111111. any chance you can share duty % so I can price effectively before I place an order. many thanks

Yes they are pricey but the quality is great. No regrets. I paid just over 200 euro for the cab set. I got these a couple of weeks ago.

View attachment 93463
Although I have just had my 6.1 windscreen blinds replaced, under warranty, I am looking for an alternative. What is your experience 12 months after buying these please? Still happy? Do you store them on the upper bed? Thanks.

I’ve had a set for my previous Cali and now for my Ducato, so a total of 3 years. In my opinion they are excellent, well made, good quality and very effective. We also have an external Polar Screen and double up when very cold. Recommended.

We just received the internal thermals for the living area of our GC600- we have their exterior thermals for the cab area. We were pleased that they have a collaboration with Drive Dressy- so we could get the Misty Mountain solid blue that matches our seat covers. Now just need to install the magnets around our living area windows- looks pretty easy!
Thermal Interior.jpgThermal Interior 2.jpg

Although I have just had my 6.1 windscreen blinds replaced, under warranty, I am looking for an alternative. What is your experience 12 months after buying these please? Still happy? Do you store them on the upper bed? Thanks.
Without a doubt one of my Best Buy’s for the Cali. They are extremely well made, have lots of colour/design options that suit my interior and exterior. It just livens things up a bit. I may also get the set for the living quarters. They slide easily along with a 120w book folder solar panel above the 2 storage boxes key I have in the boot. Since they are used everyday when I’m traveling, I wouldnt find access if stored in the roof very convenient. 7 times out of 10 I’m wild camping and sleep on the lower bed.

Without a doubt one of my Best Buy’s for the Cali. They are extremely well made, have lots of colour/design options that suit my interior and exterior. It just livens things up a bit. I may also get the set for the living quarters. They slide easily along with a 120w book folder solar panel above the 2 storage boxes key I have in the boot. Since they are used everyday when I’m traveling, I wouldnt find access if stored in the roof very convenient. 7 times out of 10 I’m wild camping and sleep on the lower bed.
Sorry, one last question. Does the windscreen blind have built-in magnets? You don't need to attach anything else to the van? Post number 23 suggests attaching magnets, although that seems to be for a Grand Grand Cali rather than a 6.1. Thanks again!