Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Proper charcoal BBQ for your van

Pro moochers

Pro moochers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I’m a big fan of cooking on a charcoal BBQ at home.
This video shows that you can have a proper BBQ while away in your van using the Weber go anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve numerous Weber bbqs as I bbq all year round rain or shine and use my go anywhere every time I use the Cali - it’s an awesome bit of kit. Waiting for my GrillGrates to arrive from the USA, which should improve it a little further.

Strangely enough I’m camping this weekend and the site states “disposable bbqs only” I can’t get my head around why but I’m taking the go anywhere and have bought a couple of disposables in case the push the issue - can’t for the life of me understand why…

Strangely enough I’m camping this weekend and the site states “disposable bbqs only” I can’t get my head around why but I’m taking the go anywhere and have bought a couple of disposables in case the push the issue - can’t for the life of me understand why…

WHAT?!
That’s bizarre.
Throw aways sit much closer to the floor so will probably burn the grass.

I’ve numerous Weber bbqs as I bbq all year round rain or shine and use my go anywhere every time I use the Cali - it’s an awesome bit of kit. Waiting for my GrillGrates to arrive from the USA, which should improve it a little further.

I quite fancy grill grates but more tempted by cast iron half grill/half flat skillet type plate

I quite fancy grill grates but more tempted by cast iron half grill/half flat skillet type plate

I was torn between the two as I like cast iron on my other bbqs but the thing I like about GrillGrates for the go anywhere (I’ll let you know when they arrive) is that they may regulate the temp a little better as they are almost solid with a few holes. They can also be flipped to give a flat surface which should do bacon and eggs for breakfast.

WHAT?!
That’s bizarre.
Throw aways sit much closer to the floor so will probably burn the grass.

That’s what I thought - odd. I’ll spark up the go anywhere and prepare for battle…

I would be interested in your GrillGrates experience. I was tempted to order myself a while back…

I was torn between the two as I like cast iron on my other bbqs but the thing I like about GrillGrates for the go anywhere (I’ll let you know when they arrive) is that they may regulate the temp a little better as they are almost solid with a few holes. They can also be flipped to give a flat surface which should do bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Ooooo flipping them sounds good!

I’ll let you know how I get on. They are on back order so I’ve still a couple of weeks to wait. Supposed to reduce flare ups… can be a bit of an issue with a smaller grate as you have less room for a ‘cool side’

Looks good!