Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tabletop BBQ

Ahh, you mean the griddle. Will try with the old rusty one first. Wife is surely happy when I say we will let the new 180€ Fennek stay home and bring the modded Weber instead :)

How long does it take to cook that chicken out of interest?
About an hour on its breast then turn and cook for another 15 minutes or so. Depends on size of chicken but won’t be much different to that. We use this at home a lot as the chicken is delicious from the cobb and much better than anything out of our oven.

I’ve searched earlier threads on this but I’m not sure I’ve found the answer so I’m hoping you’ll all bear with me. I’d like recommendations for a portable bbq that can be used on a table, either at home in the garden or on the California outside table when we’re camping, I don’t want one that sits on the ground. And it needs to be charcoal, not gas.
We’re mainly vegetarian, sometimes eat fish, and we only need something small and quick - not something you can roast a chicken on. Sometimes it would be good to do a pizza but that’s not a priority.
I’ve looked at the lotus grill which looks good but the reviews I’ve seen suggest the food doesn’t taste particularly barbecued. The Weber go anywhere looks good, I just can’t tell from the product description if it’s a tablebtop design. Can the cobb bbq be put on a table to use - and does the resultant food taste barbecued? Maybe I’m looking for something that doesn’t exist, but I thought I’d ask the collective wisdom of the vw California forum, if it’s out there you lot will know about it.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice.
Take look at the Skotti Grill

I've just bought one of these. I've not used it yet but it's easy to put together, reasonably compact, yet big enough to put a functional dinner together. I like the option of the BBQ griddle, skillet, wok and pot burner. I thought the price was good too.View attachment 95671
If you’re quick, Campingaz Party Grill 400 under £70 at Costco right now.

Last edited: