Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Protype small shelf/table

Yes it fits over the button. Keeps the shelf in place, just have to remember it when opening the door.

Thanks Briwy, a great idea.

Sounds like a perfect application for some laser cut dibond?

Edit: not laser cut, flow jet or CNC router.

Last edited:
Did this shelf ever make its way to market? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I never intended it to go into production Rik.
Just an idea I had. Feel free to copy it if you wish. Does work well.

This little table is such a great idea. @briwy would you be willing to share the dimensions or the template for this table? I would also be happy to pay for one.

I never intended it to go into production Rik.
Just an idea I had. Feel free to copy it if you wish. Does work well.
Thanks for that must dash out to measure up!

@briwy ’s shelf - bought from the club shop. Pricey but looking good. Great idea.

351A2368-0243-4719-B957-4342862E1C8F.jpeg

Covered with some good old sticky backed vinyl courtesy of Wilko. Just can’t decide whether simplicity is best or whether it would be enhanced with an edge trim. What did you use on your original @briwy ?

@briwy ’s shelf - bought from the club shop. Pricey but looking good. Great idea.

View attachment 31093

Covered with some good old sticky backed vinyl courtesy of Wilko. Just can’t decide whether simplicity is best or whether it would be enhanced with an edge trim. What did you use on your original @briwy ?

Looks really good, great idea, thanks

Reactions: DM

View attachment 31093

Mine has arrived, so excited, off to get the sticky backed plastic!

Excellent. Simple but well thought through. Really useful especially if you have the original one piece sink/cooker top :thumb

Back