Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Protype small shelf/table

briwy

briwy

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Always a problem where to put the electric kettle when we are on hookup so decided to have a go at a small shelf next to the sink. Just a rough design at present but tried it this weekend and it works fine. Dropping it over the locking button stops it moving and sliding out of the slot round the sink. It takes up no room to store, just stuffed behing the passenger seat.
The final version will be made either from alloy or some decent ply machined out with the router.

Looks fab briwy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brilliant briwy. Would deffo be interested if you decide to make a batch.

Great idea:thumb

You should be on Dragon's Den!

Any chance of a template? What stops it coming out of the slot?

Great idea briwy
I'm making one in carbon fibre as soon as I get my T6
should be by the end off this month...
will keep you folks posted..
cheers
Peter

Put me down for one - love it.

Just pop the bag of choccy raisins back on top and no-one will notice the thickness of the shelf.

Mk 2. Vohringer ply and edge trim left over from a Mazda Bongo project a few years ago
Looks better but due to the thickness of the ply it doesn't sit as well. Have to be a Mk 3 at some stage.

Just looks great!

Always a problem where to put the electric kettle when we are on hookup so decided to have a go at a small shelf next to the sink. Just a rough design at present but tried it this weekend and it works fine. Dropping it over the locking button stops it moving and sliding out of the slot round the sink. It takes up no room to store, just stuffed behing the passenger seat.
The final version will be made either from alloy or some decent ply machined out with the router.

What a neat little thing! I'll have to get to work.

Just give it a Brandrup part no. Delivery of 6 months to drive up desirability and you can retire and churn them out

Mike

What's happened to the photos that went with this posting? We were just about to have a try at making one of the neat little shelf things, but the images have disappeared :-(

What's happened to the photos that went with this posting? We were just about to have a try at making one of the neat little shelf things, but the images have disappeared :-(

I guess they were stored on a link witch where the pictiures has been removed ...

Yes, I think you're right - should have made a note when I first saw it.

Maybe Briwy really is going into production - look for them at £150 each in the Brandrup catalogue

Back