Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pubs with a campsite or campsites with a pub?

8CE8F17D-625F-41C5-9556-ACED345D79CE.jpeg
We stayed at the Fox and Goose for one night. It's a great pub with good food and friendly locals. It has a beautiful tree-lined field behind the pub but not really any facilities other than a single outside toilet to which we were unable to open the door. they told us in the morning that we were turning the handle the wrong way but I still think it was either locked or jammed.

We would go there again, but make sure we had the camping loo with us!

Highly recommend the Fish & Anchor, Offenham near Evesham, Worcs. Proper campsite, all electric pitches, toilets, showers, waste disposal.
Excellent pub meals, friendly staff.

http://www.thefishandanchor.co.uk
We stayed at the Fox and Goose last night as our first Britstop experience and it was so much more than we expected! We were expecting just a car park and all that I've read about particularly from GrannyJen's posts... But this was a full camping field (yes basic but free!) really friendly people in the pub, both staff and locals.

View attachment 33523
We stayed at the Fox and Goose last night as our first Britstop experience and it was so much more than we expected! We were expecting just a car park and all that I've read about particularly from GrannyJen's posts... But this was a full camping field (yes basic but free!) really friendly people in the pub, both staff and locals.

There are some lovely stops.

The Checkers at rookley, IoW (not a Britstop) is another with a separate field, picnic benches etc.

I had to go to Poole a couple of weeks ago to pick a caravan up and stayed at one of my favourite Britstops. Lovely warm welcome, great food.

Much in the same vane as the "Sea View Campsites", which has provided some good suggestions.

For those potentially rare nights where Mrs W and i will be able to escape minus the kids does anyone have any recommendations or personal favourites for sites that are either next to and attached to a pub?

No specific locations so any suggestions welcome.

(I know there is an older thread of a similar topic but seeing seeing as the a majority of the posts are over 5 years old and sites do close, go down hill etc, i thought it might be nice to get a fresh list)
The Waterloo Inn, Hartington, Derbyshire

I saw this thread and liked the look of staying at (or near) some nice pubs....you really can't beat a good British pub!!

I thought I'd have a go at putting together a custom map of the pubs listed in this thread....more for my own benefit than anything else, but thought I'd share it with folks on here if you're thinking of going away but aren't sure where you want to go.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qwax2vr_iBBIB2-C-uNZaf7NtjD6fj6H&usp=sharing

One thing I have noticed is the complete lack of recommended pubs on the East??

I know BritStops exists as a more comprehensive list/map, but these have all come from recommendations from people on this site.

I saw this thread and liked the look of staying at (or near) some nice pubs....you really can't beat a good British pub!!

I thought I'd have a go at putting together a custom map of the pubs listed in this thread....more for my own benefit than anything else, but thought I'd share it with folks on here if you're thinking of going away but aren't sure where you want to go.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qwax2vr_iBBIB2-C-uNZaf7NtjD6fj6H&usp=sharing

One thing I have noticed is the complete lack of recommended pubs on the East??

I know BritStops exists as a more comprehensive list/map, but these have all come from recommendations from people on this site.

Great work @Moakesy Thank you, I will also add this link to the top of the thread :thumb

The image on the front of The Bruce Inn website really makes you want to stay there, looks like a traveller site !!

bruce.jpg

This is a helpful map. thanks. I did not renew Britstops this year as most e-mail up dates were stops closing.

Dartmoor Halfway Inn
Great pub and friendly staff, nice food too.
£15 a night with hookup and a decent pitch with grass and gravel hard standing on each. It is close to a road so isn't the quietest until the night time.

We used this a lot on our last trip, cheap convenient and with ANPR barriers you can arrive pretty late too.

https://www.sunnylyn.co.uk/
North Devon, the Tia restaurant / pub next door to the site is excellent.

Sunnylyn Camp Site near Lynton gets my vote.
Nartnapa Thai Kitchen/Cottage Inn & FatBelly Brew Pub is next door

Haven't tried the thai food (served during week) but is has very good reviews.
The Sunday Roast's however are brilliant and they serve their own beer which is brewed on site (Fat Belly Ales) which are very good (I tried alot of them!) :)

Back