Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Puncture

davetherave

davetherave

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Already to go out for nice Sunday morning drive pulled away got 50 yards thump thump got a big screw In middle of the tyre Pfffffftttttttt only done 300 miles got jack out put spare on good job I've got small trolley jack the oceon is a heavy especially back ns. Wouldn't like to use Vw jack

image.jpeg

Bad luck...nothing wrong with the original jack , i use it twice a year to change summers to winters and back.

Just my opinion if your on a nice hard standing and prepared wouldn't fancy using it on the motorway bit of a widow maker

Changing tyres on the emergency lane is dangerous indeed , don't see how the type of jack you use will kill you....

Just my opinion if your on a nice hard standing and prepared wouldn't fancy using it on the motorway bit of a widow maker
Wouldn't fancy using any type of jack to change an offside wheel on the motorway. Would phone VW Assist or AA. Much safer having someone parked behind with hazards and strobes going.
The VW supplied jack is more than capable of lifting a fully loaded California. VW would be liable if it wasn't as would any vehicle manufacturer.

Repairable with tyre strings.

..me..

I have changed a whel on the motorway - never again - either side. That's what Green Flag or VW Assist are for. They've got both the tools and the protection.

I have used the VW jack for a puncture. Fortunately it was in a level car park on tarmac. It would have Ben very tricky in a slope or soft ground.

Hopefully your puncture was repairable @davetherave . I guess it depends how long it was flat and whether the sid walls were damaged.

Seriously, those highway agency people are lovely.

I have twice had punctures on a motorway and within 10 minutes each time one of those very nice yellow and black thingy's has pulled up behind me and stayed there until the repair truck has arrived.

Another big thank you, RAC in partnership with Comfort horizon policy. I had a nail in a tyre and they turned up and did a temporary repair on my drive. Good enough for me to toodle round to my local tyre place and get a permanent job done. Excellent service,

Back