Punctures

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
We have just completed a wonderful week on a gravel pitch where son #2 invented a new game. I don't know the game's name (suggestions welcome) but it involves digging up spadefuls of gravel and flinging it about. Needless to say, this game was promptly added to the ever growing list of banned games chez Amarillo.

Unwinding the awning this evening (in a thunderstorm) I noticed two neat rows of indentations each with a puncture in the canopy. Looking on top of the canopy I could see two pieces of gravel. Both can be seen in the photo below, one more easily than the other.
e4a4f0e86b65fe8cb46bea131b3c537a.jpg

The canopy now has 8 or 10 punctures.

I can easily repair these with gaffer tape, and if I didn't know otherwise, would guess it was designed with awning canopy repair in mind.

However, I might be minded to replace the entire canopy if the cost is not too extreme.

Does anyone know the cost to replace the awning canopy, and the process involved in getting it replaced? For example, does the whole awning need to be returned to Thule?

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Don't we all love kids....:D
Try to use ductape/gaffa tape and look for a 2nd hand awning once your trip is done and your kids are told what not to do...;)

That is also very useful to know.

Are you going to be at the Tenby Meet? And if you are, how much notice will you need to bring it there?

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Unfortunately none of us will be at the Tenby meet but if anyone is local to the shop they could always bring it along.

Back