Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 roll out awning repair - advice required

M

Michael Fuller

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi All, :help we’ve got a 2015 T5 Cali DSG 180 SE but sadly the roll out awning has got damaged by torrential rain in a thunderstorm in the South of France :rage !
The awning was strapped down using the Thule kit but the rain was awful and weighted down the canopy - pulled out one of the awning straps and collapsed one side of the assembly
The left retracting bar was a bit buckled but we managed to wind the awning in and tuck the legs in however it doesn’t fully retract on one side and the front cover trim on one side will not now fold open!
Can anyone suggest someone (near London/South East) who can assist with a repair - or possibly a replacement; any good Cali breakers ?
Alternatively I suppose I’m looking at a new VW or Fiamma part?
Any advice would be greatly received
:thanks Michael

The awning is made for VW by Thule so it might be worth asking them if there are any repair agents.
Details of the awning here which has a link to another page/pdf with spare parts & prices.
https://www.thule.com/en-gb/gb/van-accessories/awnings/thule-omnistor-5102-260x200-_-30985231

Isnt someone else (on this Cali club site) selling an unused/wanted awning? Depending on how much needs replacing that might be an option.
Thanks Owen, I’ll get in touch with Thule
I’ve sent an email regarding second hand awning, and got a price for a new OEM part fitted of £738 inc VAT