Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Question about interior lights on beach

hubert72

hubert72

Vehicle
T5 Beach
apologies if I have put this question in the wrong place, quite new to this world of forums, I have just got a new beach and noticed that no interior lights come on in the rear of the van when doors are opened, two lights come on in the drivers cabin but nothing for rear passengers, is this right or am I missing something obvious ?

Any help would be appreciated.

That's the same in my SE (Dec '14 64 reg) so I presume it is normal. Apart from the little light in the step, no interior lights come on in the rear so I just switch on the nearest rear light above my head, just inside the rear sliding door. I don't know if there is a reason for this or if it's just an omission by VW...

Maud

Maud said:
That's the same in my SE (Dec '14 64 reg) so I presume it is normal. Apart from the little light in the step, no interior lights come on in the rear so I just switch on the nearest rear light above my head, just inside the rear sliding door. I don't know if there is a reason for this or if it's just an omission by VW...

Maud

Thanks for the quick response, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a trick somewhere, kids will have to get used to switching the lights on if need be. Seems strange thing to miss off as the previous van (standard t5) lit up like Blackpool illuminations when the doors were opened.

Rear interior lights don't come on in my Beach. Kids are now well used to flicking lights on an off accordingly and there's always one (or two or three) within easy reach. I see you're in Wakefield - I'll keep my eye out and give you a wave.

On our 2012 SE there is an interior rear light that comes on when you open the boot it is low down on the cupboard on the left hand side

The interior lights in the 'living area' are switched at the light. They are not connected to the door switches.

Makes sense when you think about it. I know Liz would be well p****d off if the lights come on when I sneek out for a pee in the middle of the night.

Alan

AlanC said:
The interior lights in the 'living area' are switched at the light. They are not connected to the door switches.

Makes sense when you think about it. I know Liz would be well p****d off if the lights come on when I sneek out for a pee in the middle of the night.

Alan

That is our thoughts as well - we also turn off our front interior lights when camping so they don't come on when doors are opened (also wont drain the engine battery). There are thousands of lights in the living area so not a big hassle.

T

P.S. Thousands may be an exaggeration...

Rear lights are powered via the leisure battery, not the engine battery, so on a separate circuit.

WelshGas said:
Rear lights are powered via the leisure battery, not the engine battery, so on a separate circuit.

That is why we turn the front ones off to save battery....