Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Question for the Comfortz Cali-Topper makers...

Max-Felix

Max-Felix

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I'm interested in one of these (if I ever find a Cali again!).

Torn between windows or no windows and thinking that an ideal compromise would be to just have a version with one window at the front?

Do you make these to order? Is this something you could do or think might make a good halfway house third option especially if you could bring it in at say £250? :)

Just me then! :D

Just seemed a good idea. I prefer the windowless topper for many reasons - simpler, looks neater, better performance, cheaper etc.

But it would be nice to have the option of some light/ventilation and just a front window seemed a neat idea and a good compromise.

some light/ventilation and just a front window seemed a neat idea and a good compromise.

Putting a window on the front won't get you any ventilation it would just be a clear plastic panel.

Putting a window on the front won't get you any ventilation it would just be a clear plastic panel.

Ahh, thanks for that - for some reason I had assumed the topper panels had zips.

Canvas in the Cali roof has three windows with zips so you do get ventilation which you can regulate with or without a topper. Topper just gives a barrier to that ventilation so the amount of windows will purely effect the light.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Canvas in the Cali roof has three windows with zips so you do get ventilation which you can regulate with or without a topper. Topper just gives a barrier to that ventilation so the amount of windows will purely effect the light.

Mike

I don't know if we are talking at cross purposes here, you cannot regulate the ventilation with an external topper on, the external topper does not have any opening windows.
As the cali roof windows are covered by a mesh even when they are open there would be no way of opening a toppers window from the inside.

The internal toppers do have zipped openings that match the cali roof windows so it is possible to get proper ventilation & also control the amount of light coming in.

Mike

Sorry but my cali has only two windows with zips, i think the 3 window version came in post facelift ie 5.1