Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Question please

john mar

john mar

Basil
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Can someone tell me please ,can I use any car Battery charger.

Halfords battery charger ,??say not to use on stop start batterys?

Why do you need a battery charger on a brand new Cali ....why the worry's ?
Hook-it up every month for 24h as written over and over on this forum

Basil might sit around for a few weeks and I thought the battery might go flat .

Just in case..?

Plug it in to the wall or a 240v supply of you leave it for a month or so. As long as nothing is drawing power the battery’s will be fine for at least a month until they need a top up.
Top tip- make sure your control panel above your head in the centre is turned off :thumb

Hi John Marmo .

You are correct it has to be wired for bluemotion and not connected to both terminals . I have Cetrek charger terminals permanently correctly connected with plug so I could charge if needed . You often see these terminals at the main dealer showrooms to keep their vans charged .

John, you might not have worked out from the replies above that simply connecting the Cali main electric hook-up cable to a 240v supply will trickle charge the main engine battery as well as the leisure batts.

So should be no need for a separate charger.

Actually my van (4 years old) starts fine even if left for several weeks unconnected to anything When it eventually doesn't I'll change the battery but I think that will be a while yet.

During my recent trip Downunder my 4 yr old California was parked up at Heathrow Long stay for 4 weeks and 3 days, with vehicle alarm active. On my return my California started first time with an outside temperature of -3c.
If your 2019 California cannot do at least as well then it is faulty. Don’t worry as has been said just plug into the Mains monthly, as stated in the Handbook for at least 12/24 hrs and all 3 Batteries will be charged.

Thank you all.

Thats
Reassuring

I am not worried ,I just thought to have a back ,if i left the Cali for a long time.

Thanks again.