Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

radio code

shaun5

shaun5

Vehicle
T5 Beach
In our previous car the radio needed recoding to get it to work again after getting it back from the garage (long story!)
Have asked VW Kettering for the code for our new (to us) Beach.
Does anybody else have a record of their code ?

The OEM audio units (radio/sat nav etc) are coded to the specific vehicles so I don't think you will have been given a code.
Theoretically this stops head units from being stolen out of the vehicle but I doubt it is much more than a deterrent.

We had a code with 2012 Cali on collection.

No but I did came in the bundle from dealer

From the RNS 510 Users manual.

Convenience radio coding
If the unit is removed and reinstalled or the ve-

hicle battery disconnected, you will no longer have to enter the anti-theft coding manually as the code number remains stored in the vehicle when it is entered for the first time.

If the code numbers do not match, however, e.g. because the unit has been installed in another vehicle, the electronic lock must be released manually => page 8, "Entering the PIN ".

Code number

The code number can only be requested "on- line" via the Volkswagen system thus making more effective anti-theft protection possible. Please contact your Volkswagen dealer if you re- quire assistance.

Thanks Welshgas for that. I've no need to pester the dealer now.

You had me worried at first as mine is only just 14 weeks old. Then I remembered I asked on handover about the radio security code.

Apparently all I have to do is get a dealer to plug it in FOC and a code should be ready and waiting.

Back