Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rapid kit out of California

Ciao Jen, regazzo e regazza,

Daughter Pen is at VIU and living her dream. She is is raving about the carnival at the moment and last nights story was of stumbling across a salsa class in a pi'azza on the way back from dinner.How cool is that. She also sent through a collection of photos of the zombie day, amazing how so many people put so much effort in to it. I think if it were not for the promise of dad footing the bill for the tour of Italy, we would never get her back. In return I get a fluent Italian speaker for the journey not to mention precious time with my daughter.

Progress report:
Storage boxes sorted
from Dans links and advice below and as someone not comfortable with wiring, I am heading for halfords to see if I can get me a cigarette lighter socket to single or twin usb. That would be a neet solution and versatile,cab and living area. The inverter can therefore remain as a piece of wall art!
Still not sure on the toilet front. Dont want to give up that space in the back that is so well filled with my Stapples boxes but then again the back is a better place than the kitchen cupboard in some respects! will go and look at and measure some.
On the seatcover front I went to chat to Jackyard at the weekend and really like the covers as pointed out they are not a cheap bit of kit but they have a feel good factor to them. Opens up a whole new subset of decisions though as the colour combinations are huge. An interesting point for other people facing the seat cover decision is that the veriety of colours offer the option of replicating the colours and even patterns of the VW original seats or alternatively going nautical or just plain wacky.

I hinted at other compexities, well I am also planning to take kiteboarding kit and paraphernalia like wetsuit etc. Sealed waterproof boxes and optimum space planning therefore critical.
I am clear now that we will only take the clothing my daughter needs for the trip and i will look in to posting the rest of her posessions or having them couriered some how.

All shaping up nicely and can see it coming together. Slight disapointment on delivery of van to find all 4 front corners of the roof canopy saturated and water stains on the raised roof lining and the cabin rood lining. Have pretty much dried out and dealer is collecting the van next week to sort it ?

Been looking at the best campsite options for proximity to Venice. Does anyone know camping san Nicolo on the Lido? requires car ferry journey to reach but once there within regular water taxi route to St Marks. another is camping Fusina which claims to be 20 mins by ferry to St Marks but need to check out frequency of ferries as it sounds a bit removed. I plan to spend a couple of weeks in this area before heading south.

Thanks again for all the input
Jonnie

No need to avoid the inverter completely - they can be very useful.

Hope you get your roof sorted, enjoy your trip!
dan

Good luck Jonnie,

I have no idea how to get to San Servolo from the lagoon. VIU is an amazing place. I am most jealous of your daughter. Most of my academic time in Italy was at the universita di Genova and whilst I have nothing against the place or the genovese but living and working in an industrial port area is a little bit less attractive than somewhere like Venice!

You really must come back and tell us how it all went. It sounds like being an amazing journey.

I've not seen it mentioned in this thread so far, but how about a roof box?

Need to update you on my Jackyards seatcovers.

I just could not bring myself to put those standard issue VW seatcovers in my jolly, Olympic Blue California ! even as an Accountant the value of my new Jackyard covers is beyond doubt. The nautical cloth, stitching and cheery colours shout quality and give the van a happy holidays feel. They just bring a smile to your face and are beautifully made and fitted. Denise who has created this product makes the process so smooth. I will try to pop a picture up.
If there is a better place on the site for testimonials and sharing positive experiences or products let me know as this really has been a great find.

we're hopefully collecting ours on Wednesday…can't wait!!

Back