Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rattles - Solved

D

dominichayhoe

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Thought it might be worth posting this for others - although don't want to jinx anyone, including me!

Spent some considerable time trying to work out where the rattles were coming from.
Two worst offenders were toilet door, and finally discovered main door fly screen plastic rattles in it's frame. Both fixed with some home-made solutions.
The kitchen cupboards rattled a little too, but those were easy to find and resolve.
If anyone else is struggling to pinpoint rattles, try these items as the flyscreen rattle definitely took me a while to discover.

Thought it might be worth posting this for others - although don't want to jinx anyone, including me!

Spent some considerable time trying to work out where the rattles were coming from.
Two worst offenders were toilet door, and finally discovered main door fly screen plastic rattles in it's frame. Both fixed with some home-made solutions.
The kitchen cupboards rattled a little too, but those were easy to find and resolve.
If anyone else is struggling to pinpoint rattles, try these items as the flyscreen rattle definitely took me a while to discover.
Hi, do you have any pictures of your solution please?

One advantage of having an T6 Ocean..it has no fly screen, no toilet and cupboards are well secured

One advantage of having an T6 Ocean..it has no fly screen, no toilet and cupboards are well secured
Not comparable. Have owned the California t-4 for many years and now have the GC 600 and it has no problems using it all winter. Both vehicles have worked excellently and VW crockery is very good.

How did you sort out the toilet door

I've had annoying rattle from my drivers door for over 8 months gave up on it as did not want to take door apart.Then when cleaning the other day found my drivers front mudflap was loose as rubber captive nut thing had disintegrated and was flapping about, it was a Urika moment!
Next problem finding a replacement rubber captive nut thingy without having to buy a complete set as vw could not sell me a fixing on its own. This turned out quite difficult, nothing on internet then Found a suitable M5 rubber fixing at a old fashioned hardware shop only £1. worked perfectly! Rattle now solved for only £1.