Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

rattling table

A

Andy L

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Does anyone have an ideas to stop the table rattling when it is in the folded up position between the bench seat and the fridge?

There is a pin that locates on a hole is it sliding into place?

Yes it is sliding into place properly but still rattles a lot

As it starts to slide in, with your free hand apply pressure to the table worktop to "push" it towards the fridge as it slides. This usually helps slot it "home" and rattle free.

If it's set properly it should not rattle - if it does then it's the towel remedy. We used a tea towel for months until we realised we hadn't clicked it into pin receiver correctly.

After much trial and error I found it was the leg rattling against the underside of table even though parked correctly. A few well positioned bits of draft excluder soon brought silence. I carry a “rattle bag” full of an assortment of different self adhesive draft excluders and felt pads to nab those pesky annoyances as soon as they start.

Are the paddings stil in place ?

Yes or I’d be fitting more!

Same as me
Took me a year to find all the little buggers. As soon as you fix the loudest there is another.... then another.... Ended up going around with a soft rubber mallet and pushing bits of rubber draft excluder into all sorts of places. Well worth the time and effort though as a quiet Cali is a happy Cali driver.

I've noticed on ours it is user error. The way most people slide it back I guess is to sit on the bench and hold it at the lower right as you slide it rearwards - doing this tends to pull the table away from the kitchen and it does not clip in always. It's quite subtle but you need to *push* the 'bottom' end of the table towards the kitchen with one hand at the same time as sliding it back with the other. Try it both ways (pushing against/pulling away) and you will see if pulling - it does not clip in and rattles, pushing - it clips. :thumb

We had a similar rattle on our new Cali table. Found that the fixings for the table onto the sliding brackets were loose, one came away in my hand. After fixing using a small allen key, no more rattles.

I use pieces of white packing foam, the stuff you get to hold new goods in boxes, like computers. Just slide between table and cupboard. Problem rattle sorted.

Back