Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RCD 310 + Premium Bluetooth > retrofit RNS 510

M

mjrose

VIP Member
I have 2014 Cali with the RCD 310 and premium bluetooth, factory installed. I would like to retrofit a RNS 510, which I understand is largely a case a unplugging and plugging in a few multiblock connectors.

However to get the RNS 510's voice control to work I believe I need to re-route the bluetooth microphone via the unit as per this page:

www.my-gti.com/1234/volkswagen-rns-510- ... ce-control

But I still have a few questions:

1 - Will the RNS 510's voice control then be automatically activated by the microphone button on the MFSW, or will that button still control the premium bluetooth?
2 - What do I need to ask my dealer to code to allow directions to come up on the dash information display?
3 - Most aftermarket RNS 510s seem to have a saloon car as the standard parking sensor image. Can this be re-coded to show a van?

Thanks in advance!

1 - I think you press the * button on the RNS510 to activate voice control - to be honest I have retrofitted a RNS510, and I haven't bothered running the microphone cable from the Bluetooth to the RNS510 - I suspect it is a gimmick and will be rubbish!

2 - If you are asking a dealer to do it then it should be a trivial task for them, but this link shows what needs to be done if using VCDS.

3 - The RNS510 knows you are a van and shows a VAN (albeit not a cali, with an awning)

T

Thanks Teeboy! I don't think your coding link for Q2 has worked?

Does anyone have any other experience regarding number 1?

I had rns510 & bt fitted by hazydayz as well as voice control which was just coding. don't use it much though & vant remem er wbat it will control. Uses mic button on mfsw.