Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Re-setting MPG on multi function display

D

Dolphin

Hi.. Can anyone help? I have a 2012 California. Since checking and inflating the tyres to the right pressure, my MPG reading on the multi function display is jumping around all over the place! I'm sure there must be a way of re-setting the MPG but I can't find it in the manual. Thanks.

Hi

There are three settings I think for the MPG, one will give the current MPG as you are driving ( to aid you to drive more economically) which it sounds like yours is set on, the other two are for the average MPG. Hope that makes sense.

Martin, Thanks for trying to help. I did find out about the 3 settings for MPG in my manual and mine is set to average MPG when I'm driving. I know it recalculates every 5 seconds and when I first bought the vehicle it gave a pretty steady reading. Since inflating tyres the reading jumps every few seconds to very erratic readings i.e from 120MPG to 5MPG and anything in between! It looks like it needs re-calibrating based on new tyre pressure and therefore efficiency but I can't find out how! Very frustrating! Any other ideas? Thanks again.

Dolphin said:
Martin, Thanks for trying to help. I did find out about the 3 settings for MPG in my manual and mine is set to average MPG when I'm driving. I know it recalculates every 5 seconds and when I first bought the vehicle it gave a pretty steady reading. Since inflating tyres the reading jumps every few seconds to very erratic readings i.e from 120MPG to 5MPG and anything in between! It looks like it needs re-calibrating based on new tyre pressure and therefore efficiency but I can't find out how! Very frustrating! Any other ideas? Thanks again.

it would be interesting to see dolphin ......if your north -east kent bound at anytime give me a shout......

Dolphin said:

Are you SURE you've got it on the average mpg setting? It does sound as though you're on the "current" mpg setting which will jump about like this.
I'm sure you've already done it but have you cycled through the settings a couple of times to make sure the right one is displayed?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi.Thanks for all the advice. I have scrolled through the menus to check I was on the right one. It WAS set to current MPG and not average MPG! So I have now put it on the right one and it all seems to be working fine. I haven't had my Berghaus long so still getting used to it - as you can see! Thanks again.

No problems .....that's what we're here for :) ...look out for my berg as I'm Kent based :)

Back