Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear 12v Socket

pingpal6

pingpal6

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Looking to fit a Roadhawk camera hard wiring kit . As the camera it is for the rear window I would like to get to the back of the rear12v socket to connect the kit. Anyone have any idea how to remove the panel. It looks fairly straightforward but I don't want to damage anything?

Think there was a tread not so long ago on removing that panel ....one had to get acces to the fan if i remember ....
Try the search function?

Remove the metal shelf and then pull the panel parallel with the floor towards the centre of the vehicle.

Ah , the auteur of the link i posted , found this tread....
He can give more info!

You could also tap into the feed to the rear LED light. Might be more convenient to wire to the camera assuming it's mounted on the rear window. Make sure you put a fuse in the line though.

You could also tap into the feed to the rear LED light. Might be more convenient to wire to the camera assuming it's mounted on the rear window. Make sure you put a fuse in the line though.
LWD light will use considerably less power than needed for camera. May have problems with fuses blowing.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks all. Rear socket will be fine as the camera was powered from there already. The socket is awkward to use as the adaptor sticks out and is always getting moved by boxes in the back. The camera in question (Roadhawk RH-720) has been replaced now for the second time under warranty so my idea is to hard wire it to eliminate the possibility of the adaptor causing the cameras to fail.

Back