Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear Aircon Pipe Leak - change pipe or can it be fixed? WWUD? (what would you do?)

kurienp

kurienp

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Ok, "not planned for expense" time, so need inputs from the collective minds on here.

AC not cooling, problem identified as pipe to rear AC corroded and so has lost all gas hence AC not cooling. All good till here ...

... until you hear the price of replacing the pipe - 198 GBP per pipe (I think I heard that right).

While I wait for a formal quote, would someone here know if it possible to repair a metal AC cooling pipe or is it always a replacement?

Also, I see that there are two kinds of pipes - metal and rubber. I guess when he said corroded, that would be the metal pipe. That is just a small section of the pipe and so should not cost £198, unless he is considering replacing all the pipes from front to back.

Inputs appreciated. Will keep all updated.

Thanks

This pipe also failed on mine but luckily was covered by the warranty

Replacement is better. If you patch you are likely to see corrosion again on another part of the pipe.

Replacement is better. If you patch you are likely to see corrosion again on another part of the pipe.
Agree and replacement done. Labour was more expensive than the pipe itself. Many panels need to come off for them to check for leakage.

Well, 1100 points later, AC now working fine. Let's see for how long.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Back