Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear awning bracket broken - driving....

Hi kkm (tried to send dm but no success) Out of interest where did you place the cable ties? I’ve managed to thread 2 small ones through the rivet holes where it’s broken which have held up so far. Have bigger ones but not sure where to tie them for best effect.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, I had 2 small black ones with me (will pack more next time). I managed to get these into the top right and the bottom left as you look at the van

A neighbouring camper then gave me 4 bigger white ones, I managed to get 2 of these to go into the ones that already had the black ones in, one went into the top left and one I just kind of wrapped around the bracket, I couldn't get one in the bottom right due to access

When I went to the garage the mechanic didn't seem concerned or amazed that I had travelled so far which was a relief as obviously it will worry you!

Pleased to say this saga had a happy ending - drove a few hundred miles home (carefully!) and the awning didn’t move an inch, the cable ties gave us some peace of mind. Now all fixed - shout out to listers van centre in Droitwich for excellent service :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back