Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear cupboard upper panel trim??

HugoFar

HugoFar

Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
My 2007, NZ new Cali has no trim panel in the top side of the rear cupboard. (top left rear corner) It has the shelves,the trim panel with a 'T' shape in it, (apparently where the RCD was originally located. In NZ this gets moved and upgraded, with two extra 230v plugs) but nothing at the top to cover the van interior steel panel from being exposed when the cupboard door is open. It looks like there should be a trim panel to cover the steel. There are no other California's in Nelson so i can't go and check. I've searched the ETKA pages and found nothing. Can someone confirm what's in their California,and if there is a trim panel,what the VW part code is printed on it somewhere? Of course,there may not be one and I can stop looking. The local VW Dealer is stumped as he can't find anything either.
Thanks.

Can you post a pic. , don't quite understand where the problem should be located...

Hi Hotel. If you look inside the rear cupboard what do you see on the side at the top above the top shelf lining the side of the van? Is it the van steel panel, or a plastic insert trim?

Hi Hotel. If you look inside the rear cupboard what do you see on the side at the top above the top shelf lining the side of the van? Is it the van steel panel, or a plastic insert trim?

You mean the wardrobe where the gasbotle sits in the bottom ?
It is normal you see the metal body at diffrent places in all of the wardrobes....

This is what I see - cold bare metal...

P1040534_zpsi4upvp9k.jpg

This is what I see - cold bare metal...

P1040534_zpsi4upvp9k.jpg

Thats the normal view of the top in that wardrobe .
Nothing missing on thatone!

Cold steel in there for me also as well Captain Mainwaring.

"They don't like it up'em"

Give them a touch of cold steel!

Jawohl Herr CAliMeister!

If you were expecting to see Plastic trim/Insulation etc: etc: as you get on Campervan Conversions then you do not get that with the VW California. You will see through to the external body panel in the all the wardrobes and kitchen cupboards.
The Reason - VW make the plastic trim panels for all visible areas and the SE comes with the Built in Diesel Heater.

Disadvantage - Can get colder inside without this Insulation BUT you switch on the Heater.

Advantage - No Insulation/Bubble wrap etc to trap moisture/condensation against the body work leading to internal dampness and corrosion.

Back