rear door electric open/close mechanism cycling on/off

dxhanley

dxhanley

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
help! rear door electric locking mechanism has gone into some sort of tailspin - its permanently cycling open and shut even when parked with no key in ignition and will eventually drain the battery by the looks of it. had the door replaced 5 months ago so know where to go but wondered if anyone else has come across it???

can provide video.........

IMG_3864.PNG

Haven't encountered that problem (yet).
Maybe there is something wrong with the cables in the rear door, or the lock?
Why was the rear door replaced?

just spoke to the AA, probably the wiring to the door as all the other doors are working ok. door was replaced as someone (who didn't stop) ran into the back whilst the van was on the street waiting to go into a garage for a £1300 clutch slave/master cylinder replacement......not been a good year - will be speaking to the garage who replaced the door first thing!!!

Maybe the wiring loom is crushed, making some sort of short circuit, or the lock is damaged internally?
Best to go to the garage who replaced the door and show them what happens.
Keep us informed.

Thanks for your help and comments. Local garage has disabled the electric mechanism and left the latch in the lock position. The tailgate closes shut manually now and I’m waiting to see if it has an impact on the alarm. Next week when I’m back from the 4 day trip we will look into a permanent solution.

I put a message on the club facebook site and folk said it could be related to the plastic flap on the right being stuck back unlike the left hand side. But prising the right hand flap back didnt make any difference.

I’ll be contacting the place that replaced the door now, they are not local.

Back