Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric sliding door fault

drmanhattan

drmanhattan

VIP Member
Booking the Cali in at local VW garage this week because the electric sliding door has developed a fault. If I use the key fob or flick the sliding door handle to close it nothing happens, i.e. it doesn't shut. It doesn't begin to close and then stops before it's completely shut, it just remains fully open. Interestingly, it will still close if the key is in the ignition and it's operated by the electric door button on the dashboard, although I now have to press AND hold it in.

Opening the electric sliding door works fine all methods (flicking the door handle, key fob and dash button).

As much as I like the electric sliding door feature for its showy convenience, when something like this happens it defeats the purpose.

Anyone else had this problem?

I had similar fault. It's the safety strip that is playing up. It's a simple fix , the main dealer replaced the rubber and the strip. Basically it's short circuiting and this means it thinks a hand has got trapped.
The button on the dash is the override and disengages the safety feature.
I was under warranty luckily so free :D

Thanks Chris. It's reassuring to know it probably won't be a major fix then. Hopefully I'll get the van back in time for a trip out in it while it's still warm and sunny!
:thanks

Help! Yesterday hubby and I put the roof up on the Cali see if our ladders were ok to get up to the bed, looked up and saw a tear in the fabric right near where the arm when fully extended, to me looks like the material has got caught in the arm.:(((( anybody else had same or similar problem? Hopefully garage will help fingers crossed its under warranty.

Khris&Nichola said:
Help! Yesterday hubby and I put the roof up on the Cali see if our ladders were ok to get up to the bed, looked up and saw a tear in the fabric right near where the arm when fully extended, to me looks like the material has got caught in the arm.:(((( anybody else had same or similar problem? Hopefully garage will help fingers crossed its under warranty.

Lots of others have had roof tears - as long as you're under warranty your dealer should replace the complete unit, don't accept a repair.

RE: Electric door might also be worth considering the door control unit which could be faulty.

Cheers, I know I wrote on the wrong bit but wasn't sure where to, still getting my bearings with the site.:))

Hello people, hope your all having a good Sunday.....Does anyone have any experience on T5 electric sliding doors please......Will post my scan results below.....Does this translate to wiring problems.....Any advice appreciated

20221204_164418.jpg

Hello people, hope your all having a good Sunday.....Does anyone have any experience on T5 electric sliding doors please......Will post my scan results below.....Does this translate to wiring problems.....Any advice appreciated

View attachment 102759
More likely to get a response if you copy n paste.

More likely to get a response if you copy n paste.
Thanks for response, not sure what you mean though. Copy & paste to where?.......My first post, not sure what I'm doing

Back